tongue.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, the voice acting and dialogue for Gades are so bad!
rofl.gif
The rest of the dialogue is decent, the story is trite, but the mechanics are absolutely excellent -- best in a DS action-RPG so far; heck, the mechanics are better than most action games on DS. I like the fact there are no invisible walls for ledges and the like. You jump near a ledge, you're going off. You can dodge mid-jump, mix up attacks mid-jump. I'm really diggin' it. I just hope the dungeons are more interesting than the introductory one. And thank God Square Enix developed this game. It's damned impressive-looking. Look forward to digging into this game.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WhiteX said:
Is it better than Soma Bringer?

Different. Soma Bringer is obviously great for what it is, a sort of Diablo-style dungeon crawler. This game, so far, is kind of a mix of that and Ninja Gaiden or some other similar action game. Of course, I haven't played much of it. I'm just commenting on the character mechanics.

WhiteX

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just played, like, 5 min of it and it is my cup of tea, great, since i came to hate JRPGs and was stuck with FF4HoL

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have ti admit, the game looks very nice. I'll have to give this a look as soon as we get a firmware update to fix the freezing issues.

Taichi24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Playing it on DSTWO and it's a good game. The dub is passable but not the best. Should pass the time until Ougon no Taiyo: Shikkokunaru Yoake gets released.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taichi24 said:
Playing it on DSTWO and it's a good game. The dub is passable but not the best. Should pass the time until Ougon no Taiyo: Shikkokunaru Yoake gets released.
The voices are fine. I like them quite a bit.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The presentation for this game is ridiculous. Amazing draw distance and detail for the backgrounds, characters look great, fluid animation, and the level design so far is pretty awesome; the scaffolding areas are cool as heck. Wish it would stop locking up, though. Ugh...
sad.gif

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Confirmed working on Cyclo 1.59 stable, which is serving me very well today what with Final Fantasy, Super Scribblenauts and this all working with no patches necessary. Not a bad game, great fun to play. The dialogue is a bit lame so far. And it suffers from one of the oldest cliches ever, the main character being elevated to global hero within ten minutes and not questioning it at all. But it's certainly amusing.

One thing worries me though. I'm a guy with messy hair and what appears to be a big padded jacket, who hangs out with a old professor with crazy white hair, who owns a means of transport that will be able to fly in the near future...does the name Marty McFly mean anything to these people?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: oh and you get paid 90% below minimum wage