LuaFWii 5.1.4 MOD 0.3

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by vettacossx, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

LuaFWii 5.1.4 MOD 0.3 by vettacossx at 6:12 AM (1,203 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    [​IMG]

is a homebrew developed by the_marioga. It is a port of luaplayer for the Wii. It is a LUA file player.

LUA is a programming language that does not need to be compiled to be run.

FOR THOSE WHO ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH LUA CODE AND LUA PLAYER CHECK THIS OUT...

http://www.lua.org/

Download the Wii Lua Plyer Here at his sourcelink:
    http://www.nintendomax.com/viewtopic.php?t...;p=32059#p32059

2. uberbdon

Member uberbdon GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've used LUA rings in conky on linux. That'd be cool to have a cool Lua clock ticking on my TV if I want to leave my wii on [​IMG]

3. blitzer320

Member blitzer320 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I hadn't even heard of LUA before this post kinda cool will look into it after i understand c++ better

4. vettacossx
    OP

Member vettacossx Wii Theme Team Founder

Ireland
    LISTEN BRO...LUA IS MUCH EASIER!!!! [​IMG]

try and get the Lua player for your PC from lua.org there...then code "hello world" for it (takes 3 min lol) and check it out....ALL VALUES AND VARIABLES its a damn easy (maybe the easiest) and most user friendly code lingo ive ever seen! (much easier than c, c++, or C# its well worth coding "hello world" just to see how POWERFUL and USER FRIENDLY this lingo truly is...

When i say powerfull let me point out games like Far Cry 2 were made with the help of this very lingo [​IMG]

point is IF YOU CODE AT LEAST TRY LUA ITS WAY EASIER TO CODE IN LUA THAN ANY C [​IMG]

5. nIxx

Member nIxx GBAtemp Maniac

Germany
    It´s still not as powerfull as you would directly code in c/c++ (alone the LUA player takes resources like a JavaVM) and by the way FarCry wasn´t made with LUA it just uses lua for small scripts [​IMG].
    You can´t anyway really compare LUA and C++.

Only wanted to point that out.