micahkanchan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, guys, here goes. I've searched all over the forums, and cant seem to figure this out. I have 4.0 with wad manager LU64 and I cant install wads. IT gives me the return error -2011. I do not have a cios installed, and just got the wii. With the wii, I installed homebrew channel, and then upgraded to 4.0. I assumed everything would work but apparently not. My system is hard modded also with the wiikey 2. Other apps such as savegame extractor by waninkoko also fail to work too. It comes up with an error. I bought a new wii bc my old ones graphics card is dying. Help please.

nknave

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Using HackMii Installer v0.2

Install BootMii 0.2b and than install cBoot2 with patched WAD Manager 1.4

By doing this, you'll be able to install WADs, careful what you install and for IOS16.WAD and LU64Fix.WAD, uninstall first, than install.

Good luck.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't "install" cBoot2, there's no need for IOS16, and there's no way they'll already have IOS249 (ie. LU64Fix.WAD) and thus no need whatsoever to uninstall anything.

Otherwise, spot on. Heh.

micahkanchan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone?.I've had wii hacking experience since last june, and I'm not sure I understand the whole process..
blink.gif

Scarfish

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Uninstalling IOS16 wont cause a brick, since it isn't used by anything (apart from some homebrew).
But like mtb-bfh said, you don't need to uninstall anything and dont need to install IOS16 v257 since you install LU64Fix.wad (which is rev11) right away with the cboot2 method.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nothing uses IOS16, and the one on newer firmware is just a stub they put in to roadblock people trying to downgrade it. But it's pointless anyway as you can just leave the stub and skip directly to installing a newer cIOS via cBoot2.

edit: D'oh, too slow
smile.gif

micahkanchan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks a lot. One more, thing. I installed it fine and now i can install wads but I have a problem. When I copy the games to my sd card and try to play them it says error failed to launch each time, although it works fine on my actual wii menu. Any ideas?

EDIT: I've heard you need IOS60 trucha. True? IS it possible to install it on my 4.0 lu64 wii?

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure that I've read a few places that trucha signing just doesn't work for this, something in the way tickets are handled/verified, but that it's being worked on.

micahkanchan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm..interesting. I remember my old wii handled it just fine. The failed to launch error is just plain weird. Well..softmii 3.0 is coming out tomorrow so hopefully they might be able to shed some light on this situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan