Hacking low price = fake?

1NOOB

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i found a site where they sell the wiikey at 10.99US...

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1999

its a real or a fake? or why its this price?!?!

also in the description:

"Our supplier guaranteed us that this is an original WiiKey chip and is updateable via normal WiiKey.cn sources (CD, DVD, etc). After actually testing them on Wii Consoles, we can confirmed that these WiiKey chips do support all official features AND they do support DVD software updates. We have also tested a good number of them (as our supplier offers modding services) to make sure their quality is consistent and safe for use. Having that said, the PCB board does look like the cloned ones, as some fellows have posted in the product forum."

anyone can confirm?

orb_nsc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wiikey should have set their price to something reasonable in the first place (like $15) instead of the insane markup of $40, and maybe they wouldn't be facing this massive cloned chip situation.

Remember the XenoGC? After it came out, the DuoQ came out, which was basically a cloned XenoGC, for a few dollars less. There is no honor among pirates, and who should expect there to be?

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love how they say DVD updates, err.... What updates? Wiikey team hasn't released any true updates yet, what are they basing that claim on? The only thing that you can use is a configuration disk, which I hardly call an update.

For me, if its not on the official resellers list, it's fake.

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
yes thats a fake from dealextreme.

i hope the wiikey team creates a good update disc that wont work on cheap clones.

kalimero

Uncle Rupee
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

i hope the wiikey team creates a good update disc that wont work on cheap clones.

i hope nintento team creates a good update that backups wont work on cheap wiis.
rolleyes.gif

Oh come on...so you want to be nice and support the real chips to play copied games?

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If a price is too good to be true it will be fake. Just try and find out the RRP of the wiikey. If someone is selling it for a lot less then its a fake.

xbandaidx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quite honestly if anyone thinks 39.99 is too expensive, it means it's time to stop living off of mommy and daddy's money and get a job, it's really not THAT expensive. Then again...I don't think I'll get far telling this to a bunch of pirates.

The Wiikey team did say they will take any and every effort to ensure that the updates only work with the official wiikey's, just because something is a clone doesn't exactly make it immune to any problems.

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just because they are a low price, doesnt mean they are fakes, i can tell u for 1 thing tht they are getting wiikeys wholesale at £10 REAL ONES NOT FAKES

i know people who sell em for £20 free shipping, amazing how the websites are taking advantage of you
smile.gif

Tomobobo

Champion.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Dude, why would you say that? What difference does it make if the team releases updates that do work on clones? That means the clones are just as good as the real thing, and the WiiKey team is ripping people off.

Are you mad because you spent way too much on a simple drive chip, and therefore want to make everyone who was smart/cheap lose out?

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i'm not mad, i just support the wiikey people.

We just have to wait until people with clones will complain about having to insert a disc 4 to 5 times before it gets read...

shadowboy

:D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
quite honestly if anyone thinks 39.99 is too expensive, it means it's time to stop living off of mommy and daddy's money and get a job, it's really not THAT expensive. Then again...I don't think I'll get far telling this to a bunch of pirates.

The Wiikey team did say they will take any and every effort to ensure that the updates only work with the official wiikey's, just because something is a clone doesn't exactly make it immune to any problems.
Sorta hard to get a job when you are stranded on a ****ing desolate mountain where they won't hire you till you are 16!
In 4 months I will buy everything legitimately (videogame wise.) As I will be able to get a job, but till then piracy ftw.
And lenselijer, just so you know, I honestly hate you you damn hypocrite.
Its good to support the wiikey team, but not the people who work their asses off programming the games? Is that what you are trying to say?

plexo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quite honestly if anyone thinks 39.99 is too expensive, it means it's time to stop living off of mommy and daddy's money and get a job, it's really not THAT expensive. Then again...I don't think I'll get far telling this to a bunch of pirates.

Sorta hard to get a job when you are stranded on a ****ing desolate mountain where they won't hire you till you are 16!
In 4 months I will buy everything legitimately (videogame wise.) As I will be able to get a job, but till then piracy ftw.
And lenselijer, just so you know, I honestly hate you you damn hypocrite.
Its good to support the wiikey team, but not the people who work their asses off programming the games? Is that what you are trying to say?

im 16 atm

2 years ago i had paper jobs in 2 different shops, 1 shop was easy was only 7 papers, the other 1 i had 23 papers to do, then wen ever soemone didnt turn up, i wud do theirs, for 2 weeks alltogether i was doin 4 routes... i was knacked after that cus it was allover the place lolll

now im workin fixing computers
biggrin.gif

not hard to get a job just look hard enough

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya