LOTRO Beta Invitation

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by DeadLocked, Aug 7, 2010.

Aug 7, 2010

LOTRO Beta Invitation by DeadLocked at 12:57 PM (1,825 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. DeadLocked
    OP

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    If you have signed up to participate in the new FREE version of Lord of the Rings Online you should have recieved an email confirming your invitation and providing a code to upgrade your existing 'turbine.com' account to allow you to participate.This free beta and news of the free version of the game was previously brought up on the temp so I thought I would just bring this forward. I do not know currently if it is still possible for you to sign up but it could be worth a shot. [​IMG]

2. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    A Lord of the Rings MMORPG. Interesting. I wonder if it's any good.

3. PrinceNOOB

Member PrinceNOOB GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Got that invite like 1 month ago.

4. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Invites aren't sent to everyone at once, you know. I've been playing for a month and a half now. You're lucky the non-disclosure agreement was lifted earlier this week. They've also been having those beta events weekly or semiweekly, pretty much every Wednesday night.

tl;dr you're a dumbass

5. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Is it good?

6. DeadLocked
    OP

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    I was downloading it but it was running extremely slowly so I gave up I'll just leave it on overnight tonight or something :/
    And the main gist of the post is that the beta is open this coming wednesday so how about you just read or STFU&GTFO.
    It's there to give people information should they need/want it not for you to judge.
    And as for tl;dr how about you check the quote box with the important details in from the invite rather than nitpicking.

Anyways people I guess you can/did expect this invite if you signed up for it at the website.

7. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    It's not that the beta's open Wednesday, it's that the beta's been open for more than a month and a half. The event Wednesday is still only for the closed-beta players, it's not open access for anyone who wants to play the beta.

Furthermore, this isn't news so much as it is bragging about getting into the beta, and doing it in such a way that if you'd done it a week earlier, while the non-disclosure agreement was in effect, you would have had your beta access taken away by Turbine for sharing private information.

This isn't news to anyone; we've known about the beta and how to sign up for it since late May/early June, and this topic doesn't actually help anyone get into the beta or tell them anything that wasn't already public information. I wasn't trying to flame you so much as I was saying read things before you post them.

8. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    Lotro has been out for 3 years.

9. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Thanks for not answering my question.

10. mkoo

Member mkoo GBAtemp Fan

Turkey
    And it's good. At first it seems another eq/wow clone but it has more depth in it. For example most achievements has meaningful reward sorta like traits.

11. Midna

Banned Midna Banned

Albania
    Sweet.