OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi there.
I need some advice.

My Vita is on firmware 3.65 with h-encore and enso installed.
But I have done a system restore (to swap accounts) and now after the boot henkakku is not loaded.
I still can load it from h-encore. But it's lost after reboot.
The enso logo is shown at boot.

The boot config file is missing.
If I try to run enso installer it gave me the message "failed to load kernel plugin"

How to restore the functionality of enso?

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you used enso 1.1 version you can fix by deleting all tai folders and rerunning h-encore and then installing enso. Afterwards make sure you only have one tai folder in ur0 and install plugins here as well. Delete any other tai folders in any other partitions(ux0, uma0, etc.)

If you used enso 1.0 version or enso_ex you will need to reinstall firmware first but you wont need to format you mem card as long as ypu turn off spoofing before removing it, otherwise you will get the format loop and be forced to buy a second mem card to regain acces or just format and start all over.

Last edited by kaymynd,

SonikBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks!

My enso was installed on july 2018. So it is version 1.0.
Any guidance on how to reinstall the firmware?

I's wise to downgrade to 3.60 with modoru with my system at the current state? (h-encore works, so homebrew apps works)

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks!

My enso was installed on july 2018. So it is version 1.0.
Any guidance on how to reinstall the firmware?

I's wise to downgrade to 3.60 with modoru with my system at the current state? (h-encore works, so homebrew apps works)

Ok so you're going to want to back up your mem card/sd2vita stuff just in case you get a format loop, or you can delete the id.dat from both first and it should prevent the format loop,

Make sure you turn off spoofing first as well!

You'll need to download your firmware from here

https://darthsternie.net/ps-vita-firmwares/

And also install qcma, once done, follow this guide with the only exception being that instead of installing the firmware from the settings app you'll have to install the firmware through safe mode

https://www.guidingtech.com/42173/offline-update-ps-vita-firmware/

I'm not sure if modoru supports reinstalling of the same firmware but downgrading or upgrading won't remove the leftover enso files and when using enso 1.0 there's a possibility of a bricking your vita so i recommend reinstalling through qcma instead just to be on the safe side.

Once done make sure to use enso 1.1 from now on, this version fixed the brick bug and will make recovering from these situations less dangerous and easier to do.

Let me know if you run into any trouble I'll help as best i can.

Last edited by kaymynd,
Reactions: SonikBR

SonikBR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When trying to reinstall using qcma and safe mode it starts to transfer and shows "preparing... 1%... 2%..." then shows the error code C3-12027-2.
Another try. Same error.

Then tryied reinstalling using modoru. Worked!
Enso was gone. But h-encore was still there and working :)

Decided to downgrade to 3.60. Modoru to the rescue another time.
Enso installed. Working fine now!

Thanks for the guidance!

Reactions: kaymynd

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Great! Glad you got it working! And so modoru can reinstall firmwares? That's awesome! No more needing a pc lol

ISSO1407

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there, i got a similar problem. My vita was acting up lately and a lot of stuff started crashing or wasnt working right. VSH for example didnt do anything besides showing fps anymore. I did a system restore since thats what everybody recommends. Somehow my memory card 64gig didnt get unlinked from my vita though... Now im stuck with a 3.65 vita with enso perma installed but inactive and i cant use my 64gig memory card anymore since i cant login without updating to make it work again. So my question is, can i somehow salvage this mess with my old 8gig empty memory card? Can i use qcma and somehow use that card to install henkaku/make enso work again? I have no clue what do, help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by ISSO1407,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, i got a similar problem. My vita was acting up lately and a lot of stuff started crashing or wasnt working right. VSH for example didnt do anything besides showing fps anymore. I did a system restore since thats what everybody recommends. Somehow my memory card 64gig didnt get unlinked from my vita though... Now im stuck with a 3.65 vita with enso perma installed but inactive and i cant use my 64gig memory card anymore since i cant login without updating to make it work again. So my question is, can i somehow salvage this mess with my old 8gig empty memory card? Can i use qcma and somehow use that card to install henkaku/make enso work again? I have no clue what do, help would be greatly appreciated.

The crashes and stuff was most likely due to plugin conflicts or config.txt errors,
System restore does not touch the mem card unless you choose to format it during the restore process. It also does not remove enso, and if you left spoofing turned on before the restore that will also give you some issues.

You're best bet of recovering would be using your spare mem card to install h-encore, hopefully you backed it up in qcma, if not you'll have to reinstall it through the pc app, then you can coose to continue as is, or use modoru to reinstall your current firmware so you get a clean slate, either way you'll need h-encore and enso, as well as vitashell.

Then you're going to need to download these 2 apps

https://github.com/theheroGAC/AppManager-Plus

https://github.com/cnsldv/CardUnlock

Then you'll need to use app manager plus to move cardunlock to ur0 partition so it will work even without a mem card inserted, you can also move vitashell if you want.

Once that's done just turn off vita and restart but with no mem card inserted, run cardunlock app, and while cardunlock app is running insert your locked mem card and follow in app instructions, just be sure that when you get a dialog pop up you always select NO, if you select yes you will format your mem card.

ISSO1407

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the reply, but every guide says that my vita needs to be linke to an PSN account, but i cant do that without updating to 3.71 first. So i guess im screwed as long as 3.71 isnt brought down? Also, i did not turn spoofing off and my 64gig memory card should be untouched, i did not format it. I just cant do anything on my vita since its not linked to psn and linking is impossible since it wants to update before login.

Last edited by ISSO1407,

kaymynd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply, but every guide says that my vita needs to be linke to an PSN account, but i cant do that without updating to 3.71 first. So i guess im screwed as long as 3.71 isnt brought down? Also, i did not turn spoofing off and my 64gig memory card should be untouched, i did not format it. I just cant do anything on my vita since its not linked to psn and linking is impossible since it wants to update before login.
Try using the dns server, and turn on airplane mode when connecting via usb to install h-encore

A system restore doesn't unlink a vita from the previous account afaik, if signing in is your problem you can do another system restore and sign in at the beginning without a problem, afterwatds the dns and airplane mode method should work to reinstall h-encore.

Last edited by kaymynd,

ISSO1407

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the help, i got it all working 2 or 3 days ago. The biggest problem was that i suck at cmd stuff on a computer and redoing the hencore itself +the flows english isnt the best ever. After that i screwed up 2 more times when i inserted my 64gig memory card after the system was working again. After a reboot the vita checked for a new update and my card was blocked again without an update.The third time i did put in the dns adress that prevents that and after reinstalling most of my plugins with autoplugin all is working fine again. I used memcard unlocker instead of cardunlock since that one works fine without workarounds aka no memcard inserted.

Last edited by ISSO1407,
Reactions: kaymynd

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1