losing my mind

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by flashmanx, Feb 14, 2017.

1. flashmanx
    OP

flashmanx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    can i format my system memory and still run my homebrew launcher and usb gx and wads from my sd card etc because when I boot my wii it says system memory full brings me to the data managment. then it freezezs when i try to load the channel area to delete a channel

2. jeannotte

jeannotte GBAtemp Regular

Jun 15, 2016
    France
    Hello,

If you format your wii system, you will lose all your hack.

Try removing backups in the wii that you do not use, going into "" data management "", to free up space in your wii and have more "" free blocks "".

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    He said he can't use the channel management. It freezes.

It sounds like maybe you installed enough to bring the available memory below what the system menu thinks is safe? If you installed a bunch of WADs try uninstalling some with a WAD manager.

4. flashmanx
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    I tried formatting but it freezes as it formatted. After an hour I unplugged. I can still load all my homebrew thanks to letterbomb. Still if I load the data management other that access to the Wii save files it freezes. Click GameCube freezes. Click channel freezes. Exit back to wiimenu freezes. On the main screen I use to be able to load WiiWare from the SD card. But now when I go to SD card it freezes.all of this is the reason I wanted to format. It deleted my dk returns save file since it freezes when I try to load my backup sav from the SD I'm screwed.

5. mightymuffy

mightymuffy fatbaldpieeater

GBAtemp Patron
    mightymuffy is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2002
    United Kingdom
    Wigan, land of the Pies
    If you can still load up homebrew like you said then follow GreyWolf's advice and delete some of your Wiiware using a wad manager. Alternatively try to delete other old saves...if you have a Brawl save then bite the bullet and delete that as it's a big un and might free enough space.

Last edited by mightymuffy, Feb 14, 2017
  6. flashmanx
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    Well space is free now that it formatted. I need to fix the freezing.

7. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    If it's still freezing then either the system files are corrupt somehow or the NAND is dying.

8. kehkou

kehkou does what Nintendon't

Dec 19, 2009
    United States
    The Duke City
    Is it fully updated (4.3 iirc)? If not, can you still update it officially? This may replace corrupted files.

Also: have you a NAND backup?

Last edited by kehkou, Feb 14, 2017
  9. flashmanx
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 11, 2010
    United States
    yes, it's 4.3 and NAND backup no it's been years since I first modded it. Nintendo said they need to refurbish it which would cost 85 bucks I can get a new one off amazon for 50 if I could even afford that right now. If I could only access my DK returns save I'd be fine with it how it is now. I don't want to start that game all over again. it even freezes in maintenance mode booting while holding a +and - go to setting sd card freeze
    I bought this Wii launch day. I hate to see it die. The only console I was ever able to buy day one.

Last edited by flashmanx, Feb 14, 2017