Looking to get a new PC on a tiny budget.

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TrolleyDave, Aug 3, 2009.

Aug 3, 2009
  1. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    I recently acquired a small bit of cash and my PC is long overdue for upgrading. I haven't got alot of cash, like 180 quid or 200 at a push. At the mo I'm running an Athalon 2400+ and the motherboard has an AGP slot on it. I know, ancient technology. What are the chances of me getting a more powerful machine with PCIe slots on it for under 200 quid? I've seen some AMD 240 dual cores going on eBay for 200 quid with delivery. They come with 250 gig SATA drives, 2 gig of DDR2 ram and GeForce 8100 graphics cards. I really need the machine to be pre-built as my manual dexterity ain't really up to building a machine.

Is 200 quid with delivery a reasonable price? If it's not, does anyone know a mail order place in the UK where I could get a machine with a better spec for the same price or cheaper?

2. UltraMagnus

Member UltraMagnus hic sunt dracones

United Kingdom
  3. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    It's not for playing games, I've got the 360 for that. I mostly use the pc for general day to day stuff and as a media player. I've got two monitors hooked up, one I use for watching stuff and one I use for working. When I'm doing too much on it the video/sound stutters and jerks so I want a machine that'll get rid of that. Plus if I buy a machine that's capable of upgrading without having to replace everything I can do it bit by bit.

Cheers for the link mate, I'll check that out in a sec.

4. Ireland 1

Member Ireland 1 GBAtemps resident Irish

Ireland
    try looking at pc world for a while they occasonaly have good pricess on desktops and laptops. Thats where i got my laptop.