kevan

Imagination rules the world
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I need another card since i got a fake r4 and acekard 2.1. I want to have to cards to use together but a fake r4 is not the best option.
I was just wondering if

The compatibility is good, assuming the updates are regular since alot of people recommened the dstwo
If it works with ez flash 3 in 1 new model
and i know that this is a sort of rude question to ask on these forums
but is shoptemp reliable, does it supply dstwos (if there is such a thing yet) and are the microsd's it sell fake?

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
1.Compatibility is more or less perfect...
2.Not sure,but I assume you can use GBAExploader if it doesn't
3.It's reliable,got mine from there,and they test every product they have,so rest assured,their mirco SD's aren't fake

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks man, i have the Akard for the ez 3 in 1 if i need it anway. Do i miss out on features, because i have a lite (don't care about the GBA emu).

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kevan said:
I was just wondering if the compatibility is good, assuming the updates are regular since alot of people recommened the dstwo
The compatibility is great, it has built in systems to bypass any anti-piracy measures put in roms.
It was the first flashcart to play a clean rom of Pokémon Black and White.
The updates right now are quite regular, so I highly recommend this cart.

kevan said:
If it works with ez flash 3 in 1 new model
Well, I don't know because I haven't tried it.
But the firmware suggests that it natively supports the 3in1, don't know in particular if it has any quirks between the old, new and plus models.

QUOTE(kevan @ Sep 22 2010, 01:06 PM)
and i know that this is a sort of rude question to ask on these forums but is shoptemp reliable, does it supply dstwos (if there is such a thing yet) and are the microsd's it sell fake?
Shoptemp is highly reliable, their orders typically arrive between 1-2 weeks on free shipping.
They do supply the DSTwo, they currently low on stock but will be restocked on Thursday.
The microSDs they have are most definitely genuine. At first there were occasional complaints about their Kingston microSDs, but they have since resolved that, and nobody complains any more.

Hope that answers your questions!

tajio

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Supercard DSTwo is an amazing piece of kit. Right now this is the best feature packed flashcart in the market.

But anyways.

1. It is compatible with most new games, almost perfect (nothing can be perfect though).
2. Hmmm I don't know about this one. It does have an in-built GBA emulator which is good.
3. Shoptemp = Reliable. MicroSD's from Shoptemp = Genuine. Does Shoptemp supply SCDS2? Ofcourse!
biggrin.gif

Grab one while the price is low!

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
The DSTwo has more features than an acekard.

I CBA to even list them, check reviews and shit.

What i meant was, since i have a ds lite. Will i miss out on any features of the DSTWO? Thanks for all the help guys

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
What i meant was, since i have a ds lite. Will i miss out on any features of the DSTWO? Thanks for all the help guys
If you have DS Lite, you can use EZ-Flash 3in1 instead of SCDS2 if you want to play GBA.

I would recommend SCDS1 + EZ-Flash 3in1. SCDS1 and SCDS2 are pretty much the same. With SCDS2 comes with CPU to emulation GBA/SNES game and higher DS compatibility.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Well i already have a AK2.1 and a ez flash 3 in 1. But i wan't to be able to use that free cheat feature thing. Anway im probally going to order one next week

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
Well i already have a AK2.1 and a ez flash 3 in 1. But i wan't to be able to use that free cheat feature thing. Anway im probally going to order one next week
Yeah, I would recommend SCDS1 if you want real time feature in that case.

HELSBELS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have DSTWO card, works almost everytime with new games. Galaxy Racers didn't work when it was released(even though it was a crap game), however fix was very quick. However I have noticed that some older games do not work. Not sure why!!
Obviously it's still supported by official site, as it's new.
It's a great card.

I was toying with the idea of getting a Acekard 2i also, but after looking into the ismart premium this looks like a good cheap alternative to Akecard.

Hope this helps.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
kevan said:
I need another card since i got a fake r4 and acekard 2.1. I want to have to cards to use together but a fake r4 is not the best option.
I was just wondering if

The compatibility is good, assuming the updates are regular since alot of people recommened the dstwo the compatiility is great, apparently this is the ONLY card that black&white works nativly on.(no patching ect)
If it works with ez flash 3 in 1 new model yes the new firmware works with the 3-1
and i know that this is a sort of rude question to ask on these forums
but is shoptemp reliable, does it supply dstwos (if there is such a thing yet) and are the microsd's it sell fake? shoptemp is a legit china based e-shop affiolated with gbatemp, it sells the dstwo for around $34.95 and the microsd cards are legit kingstons (japan)

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3 in 1 is only supported though GBA linking and Rumble; meaning you can't boot GBA natively. All you need is GBAexploader so you can get them to boot, but I would stick to using your Acekard since it's tons easier.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for all the help guys. (DSTWO has such an ugly skin (Good thing it is changeable). i will probally order one in a week

hullo8d

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah but there are some really nice skins out there, also spinalcord is working on replacing the plugin menu to something smoother and with better homebrew compatibility. I was one of the lucky two to get chosen to test it, so far it works nicely.

This was one of the early revisions, so it was a bit buggy.

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So does anybody know if because i got a ds lite, ill miss out on some features of the dstwo that the dsi
gets? (Dont care about the emus)

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
kevan said:
So does anybody know if because i got a ds lite, ill miss out on some features of the dstwo that the dsi
gets? (Dont care about the emus)

No, you still have all the same features as on a DSi.
happy.gif

More actually - you have the option to use a 3 in 1 if you want. that is am option not available for any DSi user. Of course you may not want to since you have a GBA emu on the DSTWO lol.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Personally, I don't really recommend the SCDS2 for you. Since you have a Lite, and not a DSi.
GBA Emulation is quite poor in comparisment with an EZ 3-in-1. And it definitly drains your battery life more than the EZ, in combination with the Acecard.

The reasons to buy a SCDS2 for a DS-Lite with an EZ-Flash that are left:
- (Future) divx support etc. (Which will drain battery life much more, in comparisment with converted Moonshell videos)
- Better SNES emulation. (Which is not perfect now)

Other options like the in-game-cheat-menu etc. are not really that helpful, the ingame cheat-engine-thingy is not working good on most games. (Since you can not find pointers)

Compatibility etc. should be the same as Acecard/CycloDS/Wood (R4). In combination with your EZ, GBA compatibility should be (nearly) perfect.

Just see if the extra pricetag is worth the extra futures.
wink.gif

kevan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have heard the game compatibility is better on the DSTWO than DSONE.
The RTC (Real Time Cheats) i would use alot.
I would use the game guides
And i can't get any videos to convert to mpeg2 (or in other words ds format) and i have certainly followed the steps on all converters i tried, and the converters where recommended on GBATemp and other good forums so the divx would be worth if i got a charger handy.
I dont want to get an R4 or acekard because i got both them, cyclods cost more (at least on shoptemp)
Plus a DSI in the near future is a possibility

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Prowl was the autobots inside man... lol
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Is GBAtemp being a sluggish turd for anyone else today, or just me..?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Goku likes to flip the bean to get others healthy
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, No, works fine.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope your weekend's great. :)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    My friend found this the other day. Courtesy of @Kaoid
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Sylveon popping out of a DS lite.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    pretty decent considering
    +1
    just under 2 weeks orso before the new harddrive arrives
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, How's that hard drive recovery project going?
    which one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.
    yeh in 2 weeks orso
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Do you have a NAS storage?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    illmatic
    39 TB server
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @DinohScene, Jeezus. 39TB sounds like a significant investment of time.
    meh, more of a I need to add bigger drives all the time
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nextorage just asked me to accept a refund over this dead ssd I'm like ok
    send me a SSD kenny me luv
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Guess I'll just use the $100 towards a 4tb nvme
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still salty all I did was take it out the gaystation 5 and it started reading as 2MB for a 2tb drive lol
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Still salty all I did was take it out the gaystation 5 and it started reading as 2MB for a 2tb...