Hacking looking to buy a setup

mojoex

OP
Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
Hey all, im new to this scene so you'll have to bare with my noob questions heh.

Basically, it's payday on monday. Im going to buy a black DS Lite from a retail shop (for some reason its cheaper than online) and im looking for a flashcart. Having been reading up a lot in the past few days on your site, looking at reviews and comments, i've taken an interest in the CycloDS, especially now seeing as Batch4 seems to have improved on reliability issues.

I'm from the UK, and don't really want the hassle of ordering from abroad. So first of all, where's the best place to order one from? And with the fastest delivery service?

Another thing is MicroSD/SDHC cards. I'm only really going to play games, but i may watch movies from time to time, so would you think that a 4GB Kingston SDHC Class 4 card would be ok? Another problem is that i'm not really sure where i can find rom's to backup my games AHEEMm *cough*, but i know its not in the rules to ask so ill just do some research:)
I'm really interested in RPG's, like FF, im a big racing fan, and an FPS fan. But really any games that are worth playing - could you recommend some?
biggrin.gif

Any advice you guys could give me would be a great help:D
Thank you.

c2ironfist

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
consider an R4 or an M3 Real

Those cards are a better value for you money.

I own several flashcards so far The R4 is probably my favorite still.
my opinion
smile.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Hey all, im new to this scene so you'll have to bare with my noob questions heh.

Basically, it's payday on monday. Im going to buy a black DS Lite from a retail shop (for some reason its cheaper than online) and im looking for a flashcart. Having been reading up a lot in the past few days on your site, looking at reviews and comments, i've taken an interest in the CycloDS, especially now seeing as Batch4 seems to have improved on reliability issues.

I'm from the UK, and don't really want the hassle of ordering from abroad. So first of all, where's the best place to order one from? And with the fastest delivery service?

Another thing is MicroSD/SDHC cards. I'm only really going to play games, but i may watch movies from time to time, so would you think that a 4GB Kingston SDHC Class 4 card would be ok? Another problem is that i'm not really sure where i can find rom's to backup my games AHEEMm *cough*, but i know its not in the rules to ask so ill just do some research:)
I'm really interested in RPG's, like FF, im a big racing fan, and an FPS fan. But really any games that are worth playing - could you recommend some?
biggrin.gif

Any advice you guys could give me would be a great help:D
Thank you.

it seems you are all set already, you have done your research
biggrin.gif
order your cyclo DS from http://www.modchip-store.co.uk/ thats where i got mine from.

essential DS games topic is here
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=36581

mojoex

OP
Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
Okay, thanks for the reply guys:D

Well basically, i want a handheld device. More people have a DS than a PSP, but i was wondering, which do you guys recommend?
Price isnt an option, and im happy to modify either one.

I was originally going to buy a PSP, but looking into it, more people prefer a DS. What are the advantages of having either one over the other?
Im still in a state of mind about this, ehe.

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
I liked my PSP for multimedia, but games were awful. The only ones I enjoyed were both GTAs, Crush, Puzzle Quest and Lumines. Generally, NDS has a bigger (and better rated) game library, but PSP beats it media-wise completely (also, it's web browser is superb, if you disregard rather common 'out of memory' errors).

It all boils down to multimedia vs. games in the end. I've decided for games and sold the PSP.

mojoex

OP
Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
Ah i see, that was a very handy post actually lol, thanks dude
smile.gif

I have an iPod touch for media stuff and an iPod 80GB for music.. so it looks like im going for a DS then
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all your help guys, will let you know how the flashcart gets on when i get it
smile.gif

P.S. My sister has decided she wants one too, so im gunna buy her an R4 or M3 and ill get myself a CycloDS, and ill compare them both with you soon
wink.gif

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about those sites but I bought my DS-X from:

mod-chip.com

and it came in 5 days from Europe, and you live in Europe so I would go with mod-chip.com look at there Reseller Rating site too.
http://www.resellerratings.com/store/mod_chip

They are at Platinum Plus status!

{EDIT}:

I just looked up reviews for your sites listed, SHOP.01media has great reviews, Model-Gadget has mixed reviews, and I couldn't find reviews for Modchip-store.

I'd say your best bet is either:
SHOP.01media.com or mod-chip.com

mojoex

OP
Trophies
Website
ordaria.net
XP
Country
Thank you for your reply:D
mod-chip.com looks very promising..
Is there any way to find out if the CycloDS that they have in stock is from Batch 4?

bobfernando

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple:
CycloDS Evo with an EZ Flash 3in1 and a 2gb MicroSD card should run you about $100 USD.

@mojoex

I just emailed them yesterday, and got a response saying that they always have the latest batch. Mine is in the mail ATM.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey