Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RupeeClock said:
Stevetry said:
could be the codec everything looks like it should play i suggest converting it
If it's an FLV downloaded straight from youtube, I'd assume that during the conversion process it'd all end up being the same codec anyway.

yes and looking more into it and it should play but i think the problem is how compress it is because i re convert it to from flv to flv and is working now the size is 10mb bigger but it works

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uncle FEFL said:
This is the first plugin that I feel should not have been released so early. At least the SFC and GBA emulators were decent, and the iPlayer only had major problems reading .pdf files. The DSTwo iPlayer plugin is generally mediocre all around.

It has already been released for over a year now. As long as you stick to xvid movies, tv series and older anime series. It does its thing pretty well.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Stevetry said:
haddad said:
Which one of the one's u tested gave the best results with no lag?

th smaller resolutions but still you can get more stable stuff from dpg

Yes but I think future release's will be much better and hopefully sonner or later, this plugin will math-up with the moonshell quality

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killermech said:
Uncle FEFL said:
This is the first plugin that I feel should not have been released so early. At least the SFC and GBA emulators were decent, and the iPlayer only had major problems reading .pdf files. The DSTwo iPlayer plugin is generally mediocre all around.

It has already been released for over a year now. As long as you stick to xvid movies, tv series and older anime series. It does its thing pretty well.
I find it hard to believe that this was a straight port of the iPlayer feature. There had to have been some changes. Right?

I don't watch any of that stuff. Not yet, anyway. Generally, all I've done with it is play MP3 files and .avi's. Both mediocre. Worked? Yes. Quality? Not as good as I had thought it would be.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Uncle FEFL said:
I find it hard to believe that this was a straight port of the iPlayer feature. There had to have been some changes. Right?

I don't watch any of that stuff. Not yet, anyway. Generally, all I've done with it is play MP3 files and .avi's. Both mediocre. Worked? Yes. Quality? Not as good as I had thought it would be.

It wasn't entirely a direct port. They did adjust the version to work better with the stronger processor. Basically in the old iPlayer, there was some scenes that when it was cluttered (don't really know the correct term), it slightly froze for like half a second before it continued, which was very rarely. In this one, those scenes don't freeze.
Also, in the beta version, subtitles didn't work. Which hints us that they were working from the first version of the old iPlayer's source code, since in the next version of the old iPlayer, subtitles were supported.
They also said they 'improved' flv, but I tried some of my old flv files in each version and they work exactly the same. Those that don't work, don't work in either, those that work, works in both.
So to sum it up, they basically adjusted the source code to work better with the stronger processor in one year and a half.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killermech said:
Uncle FEFL said:

It wasn't entirely a direct port. They did adjust the version to work better with the stronger processor. Basically in the old iPlayer, there was some scenes that when it was cluttered (don't really know the correct term), it slightly froze for like half a second before it continued, which was very rarely. In this one, those scenes don't freeze.
Also, in the beta version, subtitles didn't work. Which hints us that they were working from the first version of the old iPlayer's source code, since in the next version of the old iPlayer, subtitles were supported.
They also said they 'improved' flv, but I tried some of my old flv files in each version and they work exactly the same. Those that don't work, don't work in either, those that work, works in both.
So to sum it up, they basically adjusted the source code to work better with the stronger processor in one year and a half.
And that's why I think it was released a bit too early. I forgot about subtitles, though. That's pretty cool.

Maybe they could have focused on it a bit more, then they should have released it. To me, it seems rushed. The iPlayer was a rushed experiment too, in my opinion.

Prince Valmont

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is some excellent research! It proved to be very useful, so thank you for that.

Most of all, it's a handy program that saves us the time of converting video files to the special DS Format, but unfortunately, I feel as though the build itself is pretty early. Too many slowdowns and sync issues plague most .flv & mkv files for me. And they themselves weren't too high of a resolution.

Another thing that bugs me is the lack of options for the mkv files. I tried playing a few Bebop episodes, but there wasn't an option to select a language track (dual audio file). And worse, the video was choppy and slow motioned while the sound played just fine. I wonder if a future build will allow more CPU usage to be used to help ease the syncing. Sure, the battery will take a bigger hit, but hell, sometimes, airports and roadtrips are just too long for silence.

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prince Valmont said:
This is some excellent research! It proved to be very useful, so thank you for that.

Most of all, it's a handy program that saves us the time of converting video files to the special DS Format, but unfortunately, I feel as though the build itself is pretty early. Too many slowdowns and sync issues plague most .flv & mkv files for me. And they themselves weren't too high of a resolution.

Another thing that bugs me is the lack of options for the mkv files. I tried playing a few Bebop episodes, but there wasn't an option to select a language track (dual audio file). And worse, the video was choppy and slow motioned while the sound played just fine. I wonder if a future build will allow more CPU usage to be used to help ease the syncing. Sure, the battery will take a bigger hit, but hell, sometimes, airports and roadtrips are just too long for silence.

thanks i work hard on this

Turboslak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's kind of obvious that HD wouldn't work because it doesn't have hardware acceleration of any kind and a -200 mhz cpu can't handle HD.

haddad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Turboslak said:
It's kind of obvious that HD wouldn't work because it doesn't have hardware acceleration of any kind and a -200 mhz cpu can't handle HD.

The highest the DSi can handle is probebly 480p, and even then it may lag

BassAceGold

Testicles
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
anyone interested in developing this? the only videos i could watch without lag was 240p ones.
The source code was never released. I doubt much could be done to improve it if they are already using optimized libraries for each video codec--except for writing your own set of libraries, which probably wouldn't yield too much of an improvement.

reprep

Trophies
Website
melankolisavar.blogspot.com
XP
Country
yup you are right unfortunately. even though there can still be some improvements if the source code was released. like browser not seeing .mp4 files etc.
also i am not sure if the player is using the overclocked cpu mode or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Ding dong