Looking for translator programs

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Naaium, Dec 11, 2008.

Dec 11, 2008
  1. Naaium

Newcomer Naaium Newbie

Sep 27, 2008
    United States

I'm a little new to this whole rom hacking part of the flash-card community [​IMG]

I've been trying my best scouting through Google and WikiAnswers in order to find some programs that might help to make my own patch for the DS games so that I can have the game in mind translated into my own language.

But seeing as my search ended with sqith I decided to post here in hope of that someone here might be able to give me a helping hand..

I saw that you had a section for translated patches for different games already but those were all finished patches.

I couldn't find my way to the actual programs you might have used.

Anyway the reason for all of this is that I want to translate a Pokemon Diamond or Pearl game from Eng into Swedish and the reason for that is because I have a seven year old cousin that absolutely loves the Pokemon game and seeing as I couldn't find any patch for it I wanted to give this translating stuff a go and see if I could make one for him.

Anyway does a program exist that simply let's me edit the texture of any game and let's me rewrite it and if so do these programs work with all the DS games our does each game require their own homemade program?

PS: If you also might know of any tolls that let's me edit NES, SNES, GBC, and GBA games then that would be very much appreciated.

2. xvirus

Member xvirus GBAtemp Regular

Sep 30, 2006
    United States
    Welcome to the community [​IMG] As far as a program to change the language of a rom, there's no "magic program" that will do it all with ease. That being said, you can read in this thread about how to hack roms, though it is quite general, it can get you on the right path. Personally for my own rom hacking, I use crystaltile2 as it seems to be the best out there for DS roms(you can use it with other systems as well... I've been using it with ps2 games as well).