Hardware Looking for suggestions

Ryoku83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys been quite awhile since I came around these parts but I recently picked up a Wii U for the upcoming Zelda titles. When I originally bought my Wii I got an aftermarket charging dock for my wiimotes that worked wonders. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on one made for the wii u that works good?

I did a quick search on amazon and came up with these:
http://www.amazon.ca/DreamGEAR-Nintendo-Quad-Revolution-Charger/dp/B00BHISQMI/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1403574196&sr=8-3&keywords=wii+u+charger

http://www.amazon.ca/CTA-Universal-..._sbs_vg_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HZDN1RQ15FR48FZHTKZ

http://www.amazon.ca/CTA-Digital-Mu..._sbs_vg_3?ie=UTF8&refRID=1HZDN1RQ15FR48FZHTKZ

Anyone have/try the ones listed above? Preferably I'd like to get them off amazon.ca for the free 2day shipping I have with Prime.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If I were you I'd just get a plastic/silicon case for the GamePad and then plug in the charger's cable to the device whenever needed because that's just unnecessary to purchase, imo.

Heck, even every Wii U Premium Edt. comes with a GamePad stand which can charge it.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Nintendo's charging cradle for the Wii U GamePad is brilliant. The only downside to it is the big power adapter, so if you can live with that, there's no better option.

As for a Wiimote charging solution, I've found from personal experience and other people's accounts that unlicensed products don't live up to expectations. Either the rechargeable cells lose their capacity or the charging station is very slow to charge, etc. The only winner that I've found is a Sanyo product licensed by Nintendo. It's super difficult to find, though. Your best bet might be the rapid charging set from Nintendo, but that's only for one Wiimote.

Ryoku83

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo's charging cradle for the Wii U GamePad is brilliant. The only downside to it is the big power adapter, so if you can live with that, there's no better option.

As for a Wiimote charging solution, I've found from personal experience and other people's accounts that unlicensed products don't live up to expectations. Either the rechargeable cells lose their capacity or the charging station is very slow to charge, etc. The only winner that I've found is a Sanyo product licensed by Nintendo. It's super difficult to find, though. Your best bet might be the rapid charging set from Nintendo, but that's only for one Wiimote.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, At the time of purchase (couldn't find the model I wanted In town so I had to order it off amazon) I didn't realize the console came with a charging stand for the gamepad. So I just bought some Sanyo Enerloop rechargeable AA batteries for my wii motes and will use the stand that came with it gamepad.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, @salazarcosplay hi