GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
OK, about a week ago I posted a thread regarding this one Acer laptop that I was thinking about getting. Well I've ran into a couple of other options since then, and I'm asking for input on which would be the better choice to get. Here are the three laptops:

Acer Aspire
Size: 15.6"
Processor: Intel Core i3 370M
CPU: Dual Core, 2.4 GHz
Hard Drive: 500GB
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Chipset: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Price: $649.99

ASUS X52JC-XR1
Processor: Intel Core i5 460M
CPU: Dual Core, 2.53 GHz
RAM: 4GB
Graphics Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce 310M
Price: $859.99

MSi FX600-002US
Processor: Intel Core i5 450M
CPU: Dual Core, 2.4 GHz
RAM: 4GB DDR3 and 1GB DDR3 Video Memory
Graphics Chipset: nVIDIA GeForce GT 325M
- Includes 720p HD webcam
Price: $869.99

I'm thinking of running some games on the new laptop. I'm probably not going to run anything that demanding, definitely not Crysis, but I may run Call of Duty: Black Ops. The latter two are about as high as my budget can get me.

Please give me opinions on which one is the best deal, and thanks for those whom reply.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Go for the acer aspire. It's got an ati, and it's got the same specs as the expensive one (except for the 1gb video memory and te webcam) but acers are good computers generally.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Get the Acer!
smile.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
If the Asus laptop comes with ExpressGate as do some of their motherboards, I'd definitely go for that. It's a linux-based mini-OS designed to load in roughly 2-5 seconds and let you go online in ~8 seconds from pressing the extra button to turn it on. It also comes with basic IM programs (Skype/MSN iirc) and basic USB functionality, although I can't remember if it can access the actual HDD or not.

The Acer discreet graphics aren't much better than integrated graphics. Games will not run on it at anything more than low settings. I would only pick it if you really needed the $200 you save with it.

MSi are a bit of a hit-and-miss company. Whilst on paper they usually use better components than rivals, I've read many reviews on MSi laptops that complain about inferior performance to their rivals, no matter what the specs say.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Originality said:
MSi are a bit of a hit-and-miss company. Whilst on paper they usually use better components than rivals, I've read many reviews on MSi laptops that complain about inferior performance to their rivals, no matter what the specs say.
Interesting, since I've actually never heard of any issues with MSi laptops. I've actually encountered many positive reviews on the flip side.

Thanks for everyone's responses so far... I'm leaning towards to MSi or the ASUS one right now though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: sometimes to the point of thanking me for my quick actions etc against spam and other stuff, but... +1