Looking for long styluses

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Taza, Sep 4, 2008.

Sep 4, 2008

Looking for long styluses by Taza at 9:01 PM (1,436 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. Taza
    OP

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    I have a little problem with my hands being (a lot) larger than your average DS players - the original Xbox controller was just fine for me.

So the default styluses are decidedly too short and even the DX extensible ones are only four inches.

Anyone know a good source for five or six inch styluses? Ones that fit in the DS Lite case?

2. HeatMan Advance

Member HeatMan Advance GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Oh, my...

I'm sure that you could google something to handle the problem.

3. Chrono_Tata

Member Chrono_Tata GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    It'd be hard to find an extendible one that long. It would be way too thin and flimsy. You probably have to get one that doesn't fit into the DS.

4. JKR Firefox

Member JKR Firefox Back.

Canada
    I have one which I bought from Wal-Mart and it's the size of a pen. That one should serve you well.

Edit: I believe that the stylus was around 4 inches long and it lights up. I can't remember what they're called but they are made by Nyko.

Edit #2: I have mental issues.

5. Taza
    OP

Member Taza GBAtemp Regular

Finland
    Reference to this issue: Ordered two official Hori styluses off Amazon, they're just a bit over five inches.

6. xxmadxx

Newcomer xxmadxx Member

Puerto Rico
    i have that stylus and i also have larger hands and it works perfect i also reccomend for people with larger hands the naki swing grip ds case . also with the naki swink grips comes a free stylus extender that might meet your needs just fine all for the price of 9.99 at your local EB.is i had seen this sooner i would have offered you one of the extenders i have laying around here its basically a hollow stylus holders that makes your current stylus much larger. let me know how that hori one works for you.

7. Vulpes Abnocto

Former Staff Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

United States
  8. Japhle

Member Japhle GBAtemp Regular

United States
    also if you can find one of the pokemon preorder styli those are pretty good and I use mine although large and the palkia/dialga are sortof weird looking.(although they can be removed with force.)

however they are likely not what you are looking something more awesome refer once again to posts above.

9. Toni Plutonij

Former Staff Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!

Croatia
    I would second that, because I'm using very same ones....and they are pretty good...Sturdy and have a great feel!! Tip is nice and smooth, but I don't think it "softish" as official stylus..

10. weebwobb

Newcomer weebwobb Member

United States
    I like the metal retractable sylus that comes with the EZFlash V Plus Cart. Not sure how you'd get one w/out the cart though?

11. layzieyez

Member layzieyez GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I use pen-sized stylus when I'm at home. They came in a two pack of pen styli and screen protectors. I've also tried the PDA one from DX (which includes laser pointer and pen) and it's a little heavy for long play sessions.

12. seedvt

Member seedvt GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Order the stylus, get a free EZV+!