Looking for help debugging PS2 games

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by IlDucci, Mar 21, 2017.

1. IlDucci
    OP

IlDucci Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 8, 2010
    Spain
    Hey there, I'm doing a couple of romhacked translations for PS2 games and I'd need help finding some data that's been eluding me for quite a bit.

I'm actually translating Operation Winback and SSX 1, and in both cases, the stuff I'm left to do is non-standard text editing, per se.

I'll explain. In Operation Winback I need to find some values related to the graphic sizes in the pause menu and in the Versus mode, as the french/german versions change the texture sizes with no problem at all. I changed the sizes in the corresponding containers, but it seems there's a second copy of the size data (Or maybe the SLES has the positioning in a different format. My money's on the SLES having that information).

In the second case, with SSX, it's sillier than that: All I need to update is the UV coordinates for some GUI elements that are textures. Again, a case of French/German having the data changed, but me not having a clue of how I can find those.

I hope someone can help me with that. It's stressing that I have all the texts and graphics already translated and working and all that's left is those tiny details.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice