Looking for games

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by KyotoKerberos, Jun 21, 2017.

1. KyotoKerberos
    OP

KyotoKerberos Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    United States
    Alright so i bought a new 3ds and went through the process of hacking it but there are a few games i want to dump so i can install the cia files
    -Pokemon moon
    -Fire emblem echoes
    -Mario Kart 7
    -Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
    -Xenoblade Chronicals
    -Dragon Ball Fusions

Would anyone perhaps be willing to lend me these?

2. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    If you plan on playing any of these games online, dumping these games will dump private headers. If ninty sees more than one of the same private header online at the same time. if it happens... Then your going to be looking at a real possibility of ban.

3. KyotoKerberos
    OP

KyotoKerberos Newbie

Newcomer
    May 31, 2017
    United States
    I rarely get online anyways. I have to go to the library to get internet anyways

4. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    That is not true. CIA files do NOT contain headers, even if they have been converted from .3ds/3dz files. Wherever OP gets those files, if those CIAs are not unreleased, he will be able to play them online with absolutely no risk of being banned.

Quantumcat and lone_wolf323 like this.
  5. lone_wolf323

lone_wolf323 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 27, 2011
    Canada
    Hmmm. I thought I had read somewhere about carts having those. I do apologize about the misinformation.

6. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Carts have those yeah. Cart dumps have those too yeah.
    CIAs don't. Even CIAs that were converted from cart dumps.

7. TheKawaiiDesu

TheKawaiiDesu Ball of Kawaiiness

Aug 23, 2015
    Korea, North
    Lowee
    That's right, carts do have headers. However, because Nintendo didn't (because reasons:tm: ) implement a header system for downloadable games, we simply do not need them, so they are not included into .cia files.
    OP, to download your games, you can use either FreeShop or CIAngel, or download them from that ISO/Chaos site.

8. Pyra

Pyra do we have an official quilava mascot yet?

May 7, 2017
    United States
    Ohio, USA
    If you mean dumping them from cartridges you own, just do it via godmode9 by holding Start at boot, going to drive [C:], clicking on the full .3ds file (not the trimmed version), and building that as a CIA file.

If you wanna try getting a game via "other" methods for "unspecified reasons", Freeshop is your friend. You'll need a titlekey file with the relevant games so you can download them, but if you don't have that, you might be able to find one if you look around a bit (most common/recommended place is "that titlekey site"). Or if you have them on the eShop already, you can just dump your own encTitleKeys file and use that, which I could understand because Freeshop feels a lot better than the eShop, lol.

Discussing piracy and sharing copyrighted work is forbidden on this forum though, so if that's why you're here, your time will be likely better spent looking elsewhere.

But no, I'm not dumping my copies of those games to give you, even if it were allowed. Sorry.

Sent from my SM-G360T using Tapatalk