Hacking Looking for a suitable hard drive enclosure

WizardOfOdd

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 60GB laptop size hard drive (SATA) which I took out of my PS3 when I replaced it with a larger one.

I would like to use this drive with my Nintendo Wii, with the USB loader.

Basically, what I'm after is a hard drive enclosure for my 2.5" SATA drive with a USB connection coming out of it, and it doesn't require it's own power supply.

Does such a thing exist??

Ta!

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes there are tons of these such enclosures and they're usually extremely cheap. froogle is your friend. and newegg.

however, do realize that the wii's usb ports don't put out that much power (seemingly lower than spec), so I have seen multiple times usb powered 2.5" drives not spin up when using only one usb port.

So usually the enclosures will come with a usb cable that has two usb port plugs, one for additional power. This would render your other usb port useless if you ever needed to use it (rb/gh instrument dongle, etc).

Better to get one with a power supply. Or I suppose if the time comes, you could always mod the cable to supply power from a different source, but I'm guessing that's not what you're wanting to do, so...

The Beast

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This one worrks just fine,

CLICK

I have a 320gb western digital drive in mine and have never had any power issues with just one usb connected.

Am0s

Mojo Risin
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dam those are for 2.5" any for 3.5" I bought a cable got it from china and the AC adapter doesnt work :/ but anyway it was really cheap just took an age to arrive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)