Looking for a simple telnet client for nintendo DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by saxamo, Aug 20, 2009.

Aug 20, 2009
  1. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Hi all. I'm looking for a simple telnet client for the Nintendo DS much like PuTTY. I realize DSLinux can be used to do this but that's rather large and I'm really only looking for telnet.

For more specifics I want to use the DS to connect to freeshell.org a Public Access UNIX System. I have searched and do not believe something like this exists yet, but I am putting out the call.

Does anyone know of an obscure homebrew for this. Can PuTTY or other simple telnet clients be ported to the DS easily?

Thanks in advance

2. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I remember reading about MUD clients but I can not recall a release and I did a search a month or two back with no joy. It appears as though you are stuck with DSlinux for the meantime.

edit: thread I was thinking of:
    http://forum.palib.info/index.php?topic=4227.0

There were also a couple of people toying with the idea of SSH but nothing there either.

3. saxamo
    OP

Member saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    Thanks for the help, I really appreciate the effort. I will probably look into a way to prune DSLinux to really only get what I want out of it. Will report back with more findings.

4. jon_jump

Newcomer jon_jump Newbie

United Kingdom
    I am in the same boat as you - my son just gave me hos spare DS - cool. I have looked at a few things - I'd love SSH but telnet would do. So far ..

PuTTY - great but looks hard - I don't understand enough windows to make the move easily
    OPENSSH - needs the zlib (which I can compile) but also OPENSSL, and the makefile is foxing me.

I am now rolling back, and looking at the simplest telnet client I can find - from the inetutils package of linux