Looking for a new flashcart....

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by squiglybob13, Mar 2, 2011.

1. squiglybob13
    OP

squiglybob13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2011
    United States
    I registered just for some advise as this forum seems to be a the best place to ask [​IMG]

A while back I got a R4i Gold which worked great up until about a few month ago. Lately it's been freezing a lot during games, when I open the DS lid or just during the Nintendo DS splash screen. Then about a month ago I found out that mine is most likely a fake after looking at some comparison pictures, my doesn't even LOOK like an R4 (sorry about quality, they're taken with my ipod):

[​IMG][​IMG]

At the time when I bought it I new absolutely NOTHING about Flashcarts so my purchase wasn't exactly educated, good thing it was only $7 lol

So my reason for coming here today is as the title states. I'm looking for the best REAL flashcart I can get. I know that might be hard since each card has own cons and pros but mainly what I'm looking for is reliable and game compatibility, if compatibility even makes a difference depending on the card.
    I was just going to be this one here:

Code:
    http://www.r4ds-ds.com/products/Gold-R4i-plus-Kingston-Micro-SDHC-4GB-Card-p-163.html
    But I figured if I'm gonna spend the money then I want to spend it well.

Thanks!

2. Vulpes Abnocto

Vulpes Abnocto Drinks, Knows Things

Former Staff
    Jun 24, 2008
    United States
  3. Sausage Head

Sausage Head Lord Sausage LXIX

Oct 28, 2010
    Netherlands
    alanjohn check ur pm
    The most reliable flashcart is the DSTWO, but it's price is high (min. €34.99).
    Second to that is the AceKard 2i, but it needs updating to run new games. It's about €14.99
    If you don't have a DSi or use an SDHC microSD then you should get the R4 Revolution or other WOOD compatible copies. WOOD (on 1:1 R4's) is the same menu as the AceKard 2i (akAIO) but without DSi or SDHC support. €3.99

If you want more options you can view the thread that Vulpes Abnocto linked to.

4. squiglybob13
    OP

squiglybob13 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2011
    United States
    Well after looking through the guide I think I'm gonna go with the DSTwo. Price isn't necessarily an issue and it appears to be better than the rest lol

Thanks for the help guys!