kmant91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I currently have an R4, for one year exactly and it's been great. I just want to try something new and I'm wondering if there's an even better flash card out there. I want to give this one to my brother because I've been having problems with it. I have nothing against the R4, but mine seems to be defective. Almost every time I turn it on, it doesn't recognize the R4DS flash card and sends me to the main menu. Also, I've had to buy three different SD cards since they stopped working randomly.

I'm looking for a flash card with the same and if possible, more features. Price is not an issue if it is a great flash card. Opinions and review are greatly appreciated.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This just makes my life easier by saying " The Price Is Not A Problem " xD

so anywayz ...

Your choices ... Well your best choices ...

Cyclo DS Evolution ( currently the leading flashcart for DS )
AceKard 2 ( IMO second best )
SuperCard DS One V3 ( Third )
EDGE ( Fourth )

Cyclo DS Evolution Review Gold Award
AceKard 2 Review Gold Award
SuperCard DS One v3 Review Gold Award
EDGE Review Gold Award

Those 4 have all been sorted from best to worst ...

Pros and Cons for all 4 Carts .

==========================

Cyclo DS
Pros'
Best Features .
Support team very active
Support team very supportive xD

Cons'
Expensive pricing XP

Where to Buy
GamerSection
Black Cyclo DS Evolution $53.95
White Cyclo DS Evolution $55.95

IMO GamerSection is the place to go for your CycloDS Evolution . Based in Canada as you are from Canada . But problem is pricy shipping XP .

===================

AceKard 2
Pros'
Fast GUI
Cheap Prices

Cons'
Risk of Bad Batches ( should be resolved but still a con' )

Where to Buy
KickGaming
AceKard 2 $39.95

DealExtreme
AceKard 2 $23.01

Alright DealExtreme has free shipping but takes long to come but KickGaming is based in Canada but shipping is alright and the price for the AceKard 2 is high !
So here's the deal actually ... you order an AceKard 2 from KickGaming, then you e-mail them ASAP about how you found a store selling the AceKard for a cheaper price . Then they will deduct the price of the so that the AceKard will be the same price as the one from the competitors site ... that's what i did for my SuperCard . iunno what happened to shipping though xD but still that's what you should do if you want the AceKard 2 .

=========================

SuperCard DS One v3
Pros'
Triple Boot OS'
Okay Pricing
4 Different GUIs

Cons'
Cheat Gets Cut-Off after 12 characters
.sav file name is different ....

Where to Buy
KickGaming
SuperCard DS One v3 $44.95 Sale $39.95

DealExtreme
SuperCard DS One v3 $28.12

Well just do the same thing with the AceKard 2 if you order the SuperCard instead from KickGaming . Just follow the same procedures as the AceKard 2 at KickGaming. About the SuperCard ... i like the triple-boot so it was like having 2 different flashcarts on my SuperCard ( DSTT and SuperCard ) but i just didn't like the cheat problem . And whenever the SuperCard creates a new .sav it has a different name instead ?

=================================

EDGE
Pros'
Cheap Prices
Almost the excact same thing as the CycloDS

Cons'
TouchScreen Lags sometimes

Where to Buy
KickGaming
EDGE $44.95 Sale $39.95

DealExtreme
EDGE $23.59

Exact same thing if you want fast shipping . follow the AceKard 2 procedure =) . Now about the EDGE . Seems like a clone of the CycloDS . People say they are clones people say they are juts alike . I say they aren't clones . They are just similar . I don't have an EDGE so i can't say much . All i can say about the EDGE is that if you are low on budget and want something similar to the CycloDS then get the EDGE ...

========================

So basically just get the CycloDS if you want the best . Get the AceKard 2 if you are low on budget . Get the SuperCard if you want 2 FlashCarts in one .

That's all i have to say ..

- Echo

kmant91

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, after browsing the site, I agree with CycloDS and it isn't even that pricey. At the time that I bought my R4, it was more expensive. Also, I bought it from gamersection as it's really reliable.

I'm just wondering if I can use the same trimmed ROMs, save files, custom USRCHEAT.DAT and skins on CycloDS. Also, how would the microSD card be inserted in the flash card, cause I don't see a hole anywhere and is there a spring?

I see there's moonshell/other similar programs so I guess it's like the R4 and more, just what I was looking for xD

Thanks for the guide
smile.gif

EDIT:

PICT4038.JPG

QUOTE said:
The micro SD slot is located on the top-left hand side of the cart (when viewed from the back). The slot is not spring loaded which some of you may or may not be happy to hear.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo