[Looking for a game involving programming] Any game like Colobot?

clark2k

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbabrasil.net
XP
Country
Brazil
O long time ago, I was a big fan of Colobot (http://www.ceebot.com/colobot/index-e.php), a game where I used C++ programming to achieve the intended goals.

big03e.jpg

colobot-prog2.jpg

Sometimes I searched for games like it, but couldn't find any.

I wonder if anyone here knows ANY game that uses programming in any way within its gameplay... :unsure:

loco365

Trophies
XP
If you have a DSi or 3DS, there's Petit Computer, it's basically a BASIC interpreter for the system, although you're coding from scratch.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I don't know about coding, but there is a game on steam called "Hack 'n Slash", and it's an action RPG like Zelda 3, where you have to hack and change game variables to assist you and progress through the game. Check out their vids on Steam, it looks very fun. :)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As a couple of alternatives you might like things like "hackmes" -- they are small programs that are built to be hacked, website versions also exist if you prefer that.

Likewise if you are playing with C++ it might be a bit below what you want but there are a few "visual programming" languages like scratch http://scratch.mit.edu/

Going beyond that a few of the recent civilisation games had a whole bunch of readily user editable python scripts in its backend. Not what you asked for but if you are using a game to learn programming then I would hold it is worth a look, especially as it is civilisation and not some random edutainment thing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, me neither