Hacking Looking for a EZ-Flash III

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Does anyone know where else to buy an EZ-Flash III?

I already have an EZ-Flash IV but EZ-Flash III has got RTC which I wouldn't need to carry my Pokemon games with me, and it seems to have better features than EZ-Flash IV.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They do occasionally crop up on our want to sell section and similar such places but you will be very lucky to find one and they will cost a pretty penny when they do (unless you find someone that is completely clueless but in these days of online tat merchants everybody searches before selling things and if you paid for an EZ3 back when you almost certainly knew what you were doing). About the only thing they really have to offer is a fairly spotty real time save feature, I have actually often wondered if I could port it over (the EZ3 and EZ4 loaders are exceptionally closely related) but that is a different discussion.

Do the RTC patches not do it for you then (give or take that a patch for emerald may or may not exist)? If not then in what way do they fall short?
It should be reasonably easy to modify one a bit if it comes to it.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
They do occasionally crop up on our want to sell section and similar such places but you will be very lucky to find one and they will cost a pretty penny when they do (unless you find someone that is completely clueless but in these days of online tat merchants everybody searches before selling things and if you paid for an EZ3 back when you almost certainly knew what you were doing). About the only thing they really have to offer is a fairly spotty real time save feature, I have actually often wondered if I could port it over (the EZ3 and EZ4 loaders are exceptionally closely related) but that is a different discussion.

Do the RTC patches not do it for you then (give or take that a patch for emerald may or may not exist)? If not then in what way do they fall short?
It should be reasonably easy to modify one a bit if it comes to it.

I like using clean roms, and having RTC by hard ware is much better than using those patches.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The EZ3 has those too -- it only has SRAM onboard so everything gets to be patched to use it (give or take the handful of games that use the same save type as the EZ3 or have no save/password save). As far as I know every flash cart did it that way (assuming it could save at all) save perhaps the supercards and those are far from clean rom running devices as well.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The EZ3 has those too -- it only has SRAM onboard so everything gets to be patched to use it (give or take the handful of games that use the same save type as the EZ3 or have no save/password save). As far as I know every flash cart did it that way (assuming it could save at all) save perhaps the supercards and those are far from clean rom running devices as well.

Supercards have issues with a few games.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, that is indeed how the Supercard worked as well. Everything was patched to save via SRAM instead of maybe EEPROM or FLASH or whatnot, and when playing the game everything was stored in the Supercard's SRAM. The problem was, that SRAM was not battery-backed, so it would be lost a few seconds after shutdown. To actually save permanently, you would need to first save in-game like normal and then do one of three options:
1. Use the button combination to update the game's *.sav file on the SD card with the newly updated SRAM data before continuing on with your game. This is the most convenient option but relies on the Supercard Patcher being able to make the button combo work properly.
2. Power off and then QUICKLY power back on, navigate to the *.sav file, and overwrite it with the newly updated SRAM data. This was known as the "Quick Power Cycle" process.
3. Use the button combination to soft-reset the GBA, navigate to the *.sav file, and overwrite it with the newly updated SRAM data. Essentially the same thing as option 2 but without physically turning off the system.
(4: Alternatively if the game was supported by the patcher, you could also do real-time-saves with the GBA rom using a button combination, just like a savestate on an emulator).

The Supercard miniSD contained a battery which was supposed to be for actually storing the SRAM after poweroff. I don't think this was ever reliable, and even if it did work, you'd have to make sure not to launch a different game by mistake. You'd be best manually doing it with the 3 options above just like normal so it was useless.

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a Ezflash III, but im unable to test it.

so long ago i cant remember what the problem was. i think i couldent get the software to work and became so frustrated i packed it away in the closet, where its been for the last 4 years. i should probably get it out and sell it.

anyone know how much its worth?

Aqua1234

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have a Ezflash III, but im unable to test it.

so long ago i cant remember what the problem was. i think i couldent get the software to work and became so frustrated i packed it away in the closet, where its been for the last 4 years. i should probably get it out and sell it.

anyone know how much its worth?

I saw one on the trade forums of this site for going around $140. So if you know your works, then it can go high.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte