Gaming Looking for a DS game

chillyloop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm looking for a game to play on the DS which is RPG and where you can collect "alot" of stuff with stats. For example in pokemon you collect can collect alot of pokemon and see different stats about them. Are there any DS games like this accept of course pokemon?

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
I rather liked Golden Sun on GBA and I can't seem to find anything that matches up to it... Anyone have any idea what RPG on DS would suit me?

Sendoh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
If you're willing to take liberties on your definition of RPG, there's Disgaea DS and The World Ends With You.

Disgaea is a strategy RPG which gives you tons of freedom in stat-maximizing. You can level your characters up to level 9999, optimize their stats well into the 7 digit range. You can even customize your weapons and strengthen them by leveling them up. This game will make you spend dozens of hours, highly recommended if you enjoy Pokemon.

TWEWY, on the other hand, is an action RPG. While there isn't that much emphasis on stats, there's a lot of post-game collecting and optimizing. It's pretty addictive.

mewcuss

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree with Kaos.
DQ:Joker is bigger in terms of monsters and evolutions, but I just didnt like the view (3d as opposed to top down 2d) and a lot of the monsters (to me) just didnt seem to be as memberable as the lil pocket monsters.

Robo Custom Arena is a rpg I don't know too much about but a few of my friends keep banging on about it saying that I'll love it. Instead of pokemon its robot parts/upgrades.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Custom_Robo_Arena

And, what about a football/soccer management game. Championship Manager (for the PC) is about the best there is (I don't know if there is a decent footy management game on the DS)it has tons of stats, tons of players and infinate seasons.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
I suck at TWEWY... keep dieing with the second guy... kind of just gave up lol. Must admit though, good game and I can see why it is so addictive.

Moots

The Incredible Sulk
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Twewy gets very boring very quickly. And if you don't like whiny little emo lead characters as I do not, you will become annoyed every time he is on screen.

DQ Joker is a good one as far as pokemon similarities.

Rocket slime, while more of an adventure game, has a good collection aspect. Collect monsters and items.

Rod

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
The World Ends With You is a collecthaton RPG gamer's dream. The pins, its different evolutions, the secrets, the New Game + missions... there's a lot of stuff to do there.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs