Looking for a cloud storage

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
...that offers plenty of space for free, has a good sync client for desktop and mobile and where my files are stored encrypted. Any suggestions?

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mega.nz is at least two for three - 50GB free, I think, and encryption is their whole selling point. As for whether their client is decent I can't really say, although I don't think you can mount the remote end as a network drive as easily as you can with Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.

SomeGamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Mega.nz is at least two for three - 50GB free, I think, and encryption is their whole selling point. As for whether their client is decent I can't really say, although I don't think you can mount the remote end as a network drive as easily as you can with Google Drive, OneDrive, etc.
I've heard that MEGA was purchased by a Chinese company and since then I don't really believe in its security.

LongTimeLurker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Store it anywhere, use your own encryption (Like boxcryptor or something). Either way at the end of the day, you can always use the argument "but I don't trust the company", because you shouldn't.

An alternative is SpiderOak. Only 2GB though.

Study cryptography if you don't trust anyone. Just take the keys, see how they're produced, what they produce, how they behave in generic functions, etc. Limits how much trusting you need to do. Also MEGAsync and megatools are also both open source, so you should be able to see exactly what you're trusting (if anything, really).

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mega is fine but can be very slow at times and offers none of the cool stuff Google Drive has such as a video player for files and "Office" applications to perform work tasks.

xy2_

Trophies
XP
Country
France
+1 for @Joom's suggestions. For cheap VPSes I would also add time4vps.

This may be a little costlier and 'harder' to set up at first than a traditional cloud service, but it is well worth it and will save you money and trouble in the long run.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse