Looking for a case

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by alpha_noj, Aug 23, 2016.

1. alpha_noj
    OP

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    Any recommended cases for the non-XL N3DS? They seem to be few and far between, all of them at retail are for the XL.

2. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    I thought that the cover plates where only for the regular new 3DS, not the XL version.

Search Google "nintendo 3ds cover plates"

3. KapuDaKoopa

KapuDaKoopa hot kass r34

Mar 12, 2016
    United States
    i dunno
    I think he means an actual case to carry the 3DS in

To answer your question, OP, I'm not sure where to find one. I have a big case that was meant for the original NDS and still fits a New3DS XL, the charger, and still space for things like the screwdriver I carry around for the 3DS.
    The only issue is, I have no idea where I got it because it was given to me by neighbors a few years ago :wacko:

4. alpha_noj
    OP

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States
    It's strange how difficult it is to find one. I have an old XL case with a foam insert, but it doesn't fit (slightly larger dimensions than OG). So I may just cut some of the foam out for it to fit.

5. cravas

cravas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 30, 2016
    Oeiras
    Do you mean the Shell case of the console per se or a carry-bag?

Carry-bags can be found over ebay or amazon, :)

6. TVL

TVL #|

Feb 17, 2004
    World -1
    I have one made by Cyber. It's what they call a semi hard case. Had one for my DS too. You can find those and others on eBay.

7. dscdscdsc

dscdscdsc Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2016
    United States
    Yea, I can't find anything psecific for the n3ds. I currently use the case for an n3ds xl. I guess it's okay since I can fit a charging cable in it also.

8. astrangeone

astrangeone GBAtemp Addict

Dec 1, 2009
    Canada
    Canada
    I currently use a hard case/crystal clear cover. Or sew one yourself? I plan to do that, and add foam to the sides...

9. Haymose

Haymose GBAtemp Fan

Mar 24, 2014
    United States