Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
So recently while trying to replace an SD card in my Galaxy Nebula Purple New 3ds Xl, the plastic surrounding one of the screws broke right off. I've been able to superglue it back together as a sort of temporary solution but it has resulted in a bulge being present on the backplate, it's getting more noticeable and uncomfortable to hold by the day and not even a silicone case i recently bought is helping at all. Basically i'm looking for a total replacement before i'm stuck with no backplate period, but i have searched so much for a replacement of my model's color and have had ZERO luck, all sellers i've seen are sold out (checked ebay, Alibaba/Express and a ton of sketchy sites already). I'm on a budget so i can't afford to buy an entirely new 3ds at all, and the only scrapped ones i've seen are also out of my price range (150 for a bricked galaxy 3ds, yikes...i see sellers locally offering a functional galaxy 3ds for 190). Any places i may have missed while searching?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it took me a long time to find this place, but the paint around the screws of my majora's mask 3ds got chipped, so the screws wouldn't go on anymore. I found this place for the entire housing at about $26, I just replaced the backplate. be warned, it's a bitch to get the washers on:

https://www.eeshops.net/

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

nm, it doesn't seem to have it, and the majora's mask housing has over doubled in price. I'm very careful now.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, but since I've been in this situation, I can tell you, as an owner of a limited edition system, you don't want some random back plate.
If i had one, i'll prolly just buy any kind of backplate that fits (and save the limited edition one), and screw it back in specially if i'm using the 3DS heavily.

Depeneds on the sellers, I paid fairly cheap for a replacement N3DS XL backcover, $15 so fair price.
Was it a limited edition backplate?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i had one, i'll prolly just buy any kind of backplate that fits (and save the limited edition one), and screw it back in specially if i'm using the 3DS heavily.

Was it a limited edition backplate?

Regular red one, but the guy doesn't scalp other since he sells a lot, it is worth a try for the OP to contact sellers on ebay, that how I found mine, I was in need of a replacement one for my N3DS XL Katsukity capture card.

Last edited by Hayato213,
Reactions: CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :blink: