lol idea for an ss and hg hack...

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Langin, Sep 19, 2009.

Sep 19, 2009
  1. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    heres my idea: hack pkmn ss/hg to create an sort of pkmn red or green or blue? then if you defeat the legeau youll get acces to jotho or kanto(I dont know anymore) [​IMG] is that an idea or not? an pkmn red for nds!

2. basher11

Member basher11 GBAtemp's Official Vocaloid Lover

United States
    i hope your joking about this right? XD

you originally start out in johto in the G/S/C games and can go to kanto after beating the league. same as heart gold/soul sliver.

3. midniteoctopus

Banned midniteoctopus Banned

United States
    Kanto is where Pokemon R/B/G is set. lol

I like this idea though, I really want to play the first generations on a fourth generation ROM and it would be interesting to go onto Johto after you beat the league. It would also give us a chance to make the gyms in Johto more challenging.

4. .Darky

Member .Darky GBAtemp Maniac

Peru
    Cool story, bro.

5. Scott-105

Member Scott-105 Bow to me. Please?

Canada
    that is a good idea if i knew how to hack id do it lol

6. _Chaz_

Member _Chaz_ GBAtemp's Official Mook™

United States
    I can't say that I see a ton of thought in an idea like this, but I have to admit that I've never once thought of it.

Not a bad idea, but it would take forever. Also, one would have to re-sprite all of Kanto in a HG/SS style in order to attain what you have in mind. And how would the levels work? and what would be Johto's new story arc?
    All in all it'd be a pretty big project. Pretty close to that of a universal Pokemon game.

Not gonna happen.

7. N-TG

Member N-TG GBAtemp Fan

Greece
    Somebody must make a Pokemon Online game...with co-op and stuff... with the mechanics of Pokemon Colosseum from N64-Wii

8. TFDELTA

Member TFDELTA GBAtemp Fan

Spain
    You did it for the lulz right?
    [​IMG]
    or...
    [​IMG]
    Nice! [​IMG]

9. Langin
    OP

Member Langin GBAtemp's kpop addict

Netherlands
    hmm it wasnt an joke... XD it was just something Id thought!

10. umjamalama

Newcomer umjamalama Member

United Kingdom
    sounds cool, it would be pretty hard but with alot of work it could be done. with the new pokemon walking behind you thing you could tech make a pokemon yellow remake.

i know it may sound sad, but the ultimate pokemon game im hoping for is one where u play as ash, and do the stuff he did in the anime, i used to watch that when pokemon was cool, i loved it.

just imagine it, turn it on, get the game freak logo, then

BAM!! the original intro "i wanna be the very best...duhduhduh...."

go through the pokemon world as ash, with brock and misty by your side. the stuff that happens in the show would be great for a game, imagine, a massive tentacruel smashing up a city godzillah style. getting an invite to a mysterious pokemon tourniment and mewtwo steals your pokemon and clones them, the ulitmate battle, your pokemon battling there clones while mew and mewtwo go at it above.(those are the only 2 scenarios i remember lol) it NEEDS to be made, even if im the only one who buys it.

11. Overlord Nadrian

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Don't the games already HAVE Kanto in them?

12. Range-TE

Member Range-TE GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    Ah , but that is not needed, as ALL of kanto is already in the game! it's part 2 of the game. there are 2(or maybe 3) ending credits. the first one is where you defeat the champion, the second when you beat RED(yes, red from PkMn R/G/B) at mt silver.

so basically we could just make the game start from Red's house in kanto, switch The hero's sprite to Red's then lower pokemon's level from kanto (the gym leaders are stronger than in R/G/B) ,Make different events, change Silver's(rival) sprite to Blue's(the rival from RGB) Lastly, and impossibly revive cinnabar island as it is now destroyed by it's volcano.The event changing and sprite changing are possible (as far as i know) but changing something big like reviving cinnabar island.... i don't think so. oh and the bike has to be obtained by talking to the guy in the bike shop in kanto as opposed to be obtained in johto. that goes for most key items

all that work seems kind pointless just to port something, but it would be SOOOOO AWEEESSSOOOOMMEE