Hardware Logitech steering wheel for Wii patch?

Dcep1501

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all! So, title and all. I've seen something about this posted years ago but can't find it anymore. I know the Logitech wheel for Wii only works for a few games (NFS UC, F1 2009, SpeedZone, Dirt 2), but does anyone know of a patch to make it work, (with or without force feedback) on other racing games? I know I've read it as possible somewhere online before. Thanks in advance!!

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses a USB dongle, so no. USB support for games required you contact Nintendo and use a special version of the SDK. SD/USB and 3rd party controller access was restricted.

Dcep1501

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It uses a USB dongle, so no. USB support for games required you contact Nintendo and use a special version of the SDK. SD/USB and 3rd party controller access was restricted.
Hi again, I now have the Gamecube Logitech Speed Force wheel and have looked everywhere on here to see if MAME/Retroarch can use this. Any idea?

W00fer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla
Last post was in 2020, it's 2023 now. Any chance of getting this wheel running through USB Loader GX?

If you are able to dump it there is a chance we might be able to write a converter to use it in Nintendont. USB Loader GX relies on Fakemote and that doesn't support wheels yet.

Use Ubuntu:

Connect it to the PC then run dmesg
Copy related info

Then sudo lsusb -vd VID : PID (replace VID : PID)
This will get the device descriptors. copy it

Install USBHID-DUMP

Then sudo usbhid-dump --model=VID : PID (replace VID : PID)
This will get the hid report. copy it

Reactions: bennyman123abc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...