Hacking Loctl error (running mulitboot and softchip loader)

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
...refuse to gi...v...e ..u...p... mu...s..t.. k...n..o...w

Very thankful for some help, no need to say that I still can't launch my backups
frown.gif

To downgrade and not to downgrade, that is the question? Why cannot everyone agree on what to doooooo...

I now have 6 launchers, so i am thinking maybe there could be some other fault.
brainstorming?
tongue.gif

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
oarneer said:
...refuse to gi...v...e ..u...p... mu...s..t.. k...n..o...w

Very thankful for some help, no need to say that I still can't launch my backups
frown.gif

To downgrade and not to downgrade, that is the question? Why cannot everyone agree on what to doooooo...

I now have 6 launchers, so i am thinking maybe there could be some other fault.
brainstorming?
tongue.gif

Q:How many backup launchers does it take for a newbie to launch its backups?
A: To many

Added info: running v.3.4 with every iso. WM version and wad files i can find.
(to downgrade or not to downgrade should not be the question,...or answer):-)

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiPower said:
Would be nice if you would tell us what's actually the problem and what you have done/installed.

Yup thanks,
I have installed the programs within the 23.okt update.rar (package)
Downgraded ISO files with v.1.1 and 1.0
WM 1.1
isofiles
WMiso16
iso_fix,
Different type of wad files (discdumper and backuplaunchers)

cIOS intaller and backuplauncher gecko CS

(trying to softmod v.3.4E without downgrading)

Seems that I have the same error as caused by the Preloader, but I havent installed one...

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
oarneer said:
WiiPower said:
Would be nice if you would tell us what's actually the problem and what you have done/installed.

Yup thanks,
WM 1.1
isofiles
WMiso16
iso_fix,

Seems that I have the same error as caused by the Preloader, but I havent installed one...

You seem not the speak the same language as i do(english). I don't understand what you have installed on your Wii now.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
He installed files from a oct 23rd package, but oct 23rd update is 3.3v3, and he has 3.4. That might be why it doesn't work.

I would suggest you downgrade to 3.2, why not anyway?

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiPower said:
oarneer said:
WiiPower said:

Yup thanks,
WM 1.1
isofiles
WMiso16
iso_fix,

You seem not the speak the same language as i do(english). I don't understand what you have installed on your Wii now.

oops sorry, thught this was common knowledge...

Now I honestly dont know, I took it for granted that this package was adjusted for the new version 3.4 since it reads 23.okt update. But I believe JDbye, and can only say Aaargh! Whats the point of naming the .rar file 23. okt update if it dont FIX anything...hmprf...

May this be the reason for why the loader is not launching my backups? Exactly what is the difference between this and other types? I downloaded the right hackfile from the HBC for v3.4, and got the HBC installed together with the correct WAD Mangers and ISO files. Did'nt I?

I have installed the HBC it is working gooooood, I have done the ISO prosess and installed multiple backup launchers.

Here is a list of my wads:

01-cIOS247-v5_fix-ppc_gba.wad
02-DVDx_247-nw7.wad
03-BackupLauncher0.1nce_247-TgamesCladil.wad
04-BackupLauncher0.3g_249-NeoRame.wad
05-SoftChipSVNr59_ANY-0raNGeCHiCKeN.wad
06a-DiscDumper-alejandroues.wad
06b-DiscDumper-alejandroues.wad
07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad
08-cIOS248-v7_reqArmrbfix-nw7.wad
backuplauncher.wad
cios_fix.wad
Gecko OS 002 Fixed-GEOS.wad
Homebrew Browser-HBBX.wad
IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
IOS36-64-v1042.wad
Multiboot Channel-VIIZ.wad
WAD Manager v1.3.wad

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad"

sounds like the wad you should have installed and don't install anything DVDx related. If the installation fails, try the other WAD Manager you got.

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Jdbye said:
He installed files from a oct 23rd package, but oct 23rd update is 3.3v3, and he has 3.4. That might be why it doesn't work.

I would suggest you downgrade to 3.2, why not anyway?

uh? why, why, whyyyyyy... but seriously does this have anything to do with why the launchers is not working? (see my wad list in the previous post.

I mean, if I have used the correct hackfile, and have the correct HBC installed(?) or is there a differece between different versions? But nevertheless I do have the right WAD Manager with ISO files and everything, i hope.

In other words can you describe the difference between this and what other files or method that will end in a correct result
for me with a 3.4E?

I am trying to not do the downgrad if possible, and the declaration from several people is that it is possible
wink.gif

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiPower said:
"07-cIOS249-v7_waninkokoFULL-nw7.wad"

sounds like the wad you should have installed and don't install anything DVDx related. If the installation fails, try the other WAD Manager you got.

I have installed all of the wad, inclusive the DVDx wad and a DVDx loader from the HBC Browser.
Huff... is there any valid method to uninstall the DVDx wad?

If I had'nt lost my job due to the finance crisis, I would pay a dude to do this for me
tongue.gif

Hope the final result is that it is working so that others could use this info to get their hack to work
smile.gif

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read some guides and threads here to get more information about all of this. Installing wads can overwrite almost everything including other "wads". DVDx is installed and unistalled via an application and not via a wad, at least it's the usual way to do it, to do it right.

oarneer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
WiiPower said:
Read some guides and threads here to get more information about all of this. Installing wads can overwrite almost everything including other "wads". DVDx is installed and unistalled via an application and not via a wad, at least it's the usual way to do it, to do it right.

I've read many many guides, and only to get more confused.
OaKy, so i can unistall DVDx with the same install program? or is it a different app?

I have tried to run the correct IOS's again but with no luck. How to reset the whole thing to start over?
Would this eliminate DVDx?

Then run the IOS downgrader, and install the WAD managers with cIOS16, cios_fix and cIOS249. Cios installer rev7 if necessary, and Gecko OS w/002 fix n gamma loader 0.3g.

Just thinking aloud...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end