Hacking Question Local Wireless Parsec - CFW and OFW

Mooninite

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found only a few sources for this and I'm particularly interested in using Parsec in order to achieve this.

Is it in anyway possible for me to host a game online through local with my SXOS switch and have my friends with OFW switches join on in. Or even the other way around? I even see the option for "Internet Local Wireless Play" but no idea how to utilize it.

I'm honestly very very confused, as I've seen I may actually need to utilize a capture card in order to do this. But with all the info I've searched and found I am still just confused on what is actually worth attempting.

If anyone is willing, could you explain or guide me towards a solution? I have seen the switch lan play community but it seems they're very limited to what game they can play. I don't know if this is even possible using Parsec. Maybe this is flat out impossible regardless, I'd like to know.

Any guidance it highly appreciated, I'm very grateful for what this community has been able to achieve. I am hailing from the PSP/Vita homebrew scenes and am amazed at the progress on the switch.

Thank you.

Last edited by Mooninite,

Kouta928

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
When you use parsec to host something, your friends will join using their computers logged in parsec with controllers connected to the pc and not their switches, so you can host it and play with them just fine!

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've found only a few sources for this and I'm particularly interested in using Parsec in order to achieve this.

Is it in anyway possible for me to host a game online through local with my SXOS switch and have my friends with OFW switches join on in. Or even the other way around? I even see the option for "Internet Local Wireless Play" but no idea how to utilize it.

I'm honestly very very confused, as I've seen I may actually need to utilize a capture card in order to do this. But with all the info I've searched and found I am still just confused on what is actually worth attempting.

If anyone is willing, could you explain or guide me towards a solution? I have seen the switch lan play community but it seems they're very limited to what game they can play. I don't know if this is even possible using Parsec. Maybe this is flat out impossible regardless, I'd like to know.

Any guidance it highly appreciated, I'm very grateful for what this community has been able to achieve. I am hailing from the PSP/Vita homebrew scenes and am amazed at the progress on the switch.

Thank you.
Parsec would have to have specific support for the Switch which I don't see anywhere on their site so until the team decides to add support for the Switch, its flat out impossible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: lmao have a BT3 mod calledBT4