Gaming Local LAN play

NEO-BAHAMUT-

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, just wondering if this would work. I have two Switches both official and no modding involved. I’ve bought Super Mario 3D World on my primary switch. I’m wondering if we could play 2 player local lan play? The issue I’m facing is we can’t launch the game on both switches at the same time with wireless enabled.

spoonm

Can count to 3.
Trophies
Website
spoonm.org
XP
Country
Brazil
It's been over a week, so I imagine you already got your answer from trying or from somewhere on the Internet, but I'll give your thread a reply anyway. It should be possible to play the game through local wireless, but I believe the issue you're facing stems from the fact you cannot play an owned game through an account on a "secondary" Switch if you're playing a game owned by that account on the "primary" Switch.

When a user is tied to a Nintendo account on a Switch for the first time, that Nintendo Switch will become its primary Switch. While that device is logged into the account, any others you use to log into it will become secondary Switch-es. You can't play a game owned by the account while playing through that account on a secondary Switch. Nintendo won't let you.

Try this instead:
  • On the primary Switch (the one that can keep playing regardless) create a new user (you don't need a Nintendo account, I believe, but there is no problem with creating one) and launch Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury using that user.
  • On the secondary Switch, launch the game using the account that owns it.
It could work. I haven't tried it myself, so I can't tell you if the workaround actually works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)