Hacking Loadline folder/category settings?

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
Hey all!

First off, thanks devs for loadline! Its amazing! @dimok and @Cyan (you guys are absolute rock stars!!)

My question is this. Now that I put a crap ton (200+) old NES games on it through the VC, I am finding myself

A - Scrolling a very long time (there is no hold scroll)
B - Lack of a way to put them inside a folder or category

Any way or any future plans to add that feature? Would like to have the VC stuff/eshop stuff/and backups in their own section if at all possible.

Thanks a ton for all the amazing work!! You guys really are very talented!

- I would also be happy to test any releases on a 5.5.1 if you want

Last edited by apachehavok,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if you already got an answer in the other thread (if you asked there too), but I'll reply here.

is it possible ? yes, of course it is. almost every features, options and menus are possible. they "just" need to be coded.
Will it be done ? maybe yes. there are still more important things to work on for the moment, but it might be added in the future. It will depends how much time the devs can spend on that project.

It could be an option to display games by genre (WiiU, VC NES, VC xxx, etc.)
Or, as we already talked about it among us, the possibility to use sub-folders to sort games. on the screen you'd see a folder icon, instead of the game's icon, you enter with A and go back one level with B.
Both are a possibility. or maybe something else will be decided to facilitate browsing of a lot of games. (search feature, etc.)
nothing is definitive, and things are not done necessarily in a specific order, it's as it comes from the developer's current free/required time and interest.

Another thing ... please stop writing Loadline !
it is Loadiine
a lot of Wii homebrew are named after that console's name, and it is 2 i, not an L.

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

apachehavok

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Angola
I don't know if you already got an answer in the other thread (if you asked there too), but I'll reply here.

is it possible ? yes, of course it is. almost every features, options and menus are possible. they "just" need to be coded.
Will it be done ? maybe yes. there are still more important things to work on for the moment, but it might be added in the future. It will depends how much time the devs can spend on that project.

It could be an option to display games by genre (WiiU, VC NES, VC xxx, etc.)
Or, as we already talked about it among us, the possibility to use sub-folders to sort games. on the screen you'd see a folder icon, instead of the game's icon, you enter with A and go back one level with B.
Both are a possibility. or maybe something else will be decided to facilitate browsing of a lot of games. (search feature, etc.)
nothing is definitive, and things are not done necessarily in a specific order, it's as it comes from the developer's current free/required time and interest.

Another thing ... please stop writing Loadline !
it is Loadiine

Awesome. Sorry if it has already been posted but totally understand. Just glad to hear its under discussion. Thanks for all the hard work!

Reactions: ScarletDreamz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."