Loading .sav onto official DS game card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Jbyrd117, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Jbyrd117
    OP

Jbyrd117 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2011
    United States
    I hope this is the right category to post this in. I'm a long time lurker on GBAtemp and I finally decided to make an account.

I was wondering if it is possible to load a .sav file from a rom onto an official DS game card somehow.

I have an Acekard 2i but I realize if I want to load a .sav onto an official DS game card or perhaps even overwrite the whole game with a rom that I may have to make additional purchases.

I'm hoping this question wasn't asked already, and I searched around for it as well.

Thanks for the help.

2. DroRox

DroRox Ambassador of Ooo

Aug 1, 2011
    United States
    The Land of Ooo
    Someone please correct if I'm wrong but I believe that with the help of a .sav converter and ActionReplay that is quite possible my lad. [​IMG] Again correct me if I'm wrong.

3. Uuwuwu

Uuwuwu Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2011
    France
    You can't overwrite a game, but you can backup / put a save in your game with Savegame Manager or NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi (some games don't work with this).

4. Jbyrd117
    OP

Jbyrd117 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2011
    United States
    Everytime I try to use the NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi something goes wrong. I've tried multiple different apps and versions of the backup tool and they were all on unprotected wifi.

How would I go about taking the .sav I backup over wifi (if for some reason it finally works) and putting it onto a game card?

5. Masked Ranger

Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 24, 2009
    Do you have a 3in1? I believe there is a non-wifi backup tool that you just need to keep trading your acekard for the retail cart.

BTW: GBA game or DS?

Edit: What hardware do you have and what game save are we talking about?

6. exangel

exangel executioner angel

Apr 20, 2010
    United States
    Tucson, AZ
    Simplest way: you can do this with NDS Adaptor Plus. I have one and it works fine in Windows 7 x64.

If you are on a DSi console it's totally impossible no matter what flashcart or homebrew is used -- DSi systems (and presumably also 3DS) have a safeguard which makes a reinserted card (swapped card) unread/writeable.

You will have problems 100% of the time on DSi's, if you're on NDS/NDSL then there is a different problem but you havent described it in enough detail for me to be of further assistance.

Also:
    For replacing your ROMs with genuine backups of your own cartridges you will need a DS/DSLite and a 3in1+ to make your own dumps, I think. Though I've only done this on my AK2i with GBA games/roms for perfect compatibility, I'm pretty sure similar tools were produced for NDS games. Have a look around FileTrip's NDS Utilities homebrews, I assume that's where you found the different versions of SavSend and other SAV backup tools.