Hacking Loading .sav onto official DS game card

Jbyrd117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right category to post this in. I'm a long time lurker on GBAtemp and I finally decided to make an account.

I was wondering if it is possible to load a .sav file from a rom onto an official DS game card somehow.

I have an Acekard 2i but I realize if I want to load a .sav onto an official DS game card or perhaps even overwrite the whole game with a rom that I may have to make additional purchases.

I'm hoping this question wasn't asked already, and I searched around for it as well.

Thanks for the help.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Someone please correct if I'm wrong but I believe that with the help of a .sav converter and ActionReplay that is quite possible my lad.
biggrin.gif
Again correct me if I'm wrong.

Uuwuwu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can't overwrite a game, but you can backup / put a save in your game with Savegame Manager or NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi (some games don't work with this).

Jbyrd117

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uuwuwu said:
You can't overwrite a game, but you can backup / put a save in your game with Savegame Manager or NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi (some games don't work with this).

Everytime I try to use the NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi something goes wrong. I've tried multiple different apps and versions of the backup tool and they were all on unprotected wifi.

How would I go about taking the .sav I backup over wifi (if for some reason it finally works) and putting it onto a game card?

Masked Ranger

Trophies
XP
Country
Do you have a 3in1? I believe there is a non-wifi backup tool that you just need to keep trading your acekard for the retail cart.

BTW: GBA game or DS?

Edit: What hardware do you have and what game save are we talking about?

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simplest way: you can do this with NDS Adaptor Plus. I have one and it works fine in Windows 7 x64.

If you are on a DSi console it's totally impossible no matter what flashcart or homebrew is used -- DSi systems (and presumably also 3DS) have a safeguard which makes a reinserted card (swapped card) unread/writeable.

QUOTE said:
Everytime I try to use the NDS Backup Tool Wi-Fi something goes wrong. I've tried multiple different apps and versions of the backup tool and they were all on unprotected wifi.

How would I go about taking the .sav I backup over wifi (if for some reason it finally works) and putting it onto a game card?

You will have problems 100% of the time on DSi's, if you're on NDS/NDSL then there is a different problem but you havent described it in enough detail for me to be of further assistance.

Also:
For replacing your ROMs with genuine backups of your own cartridges you will need a DS/DSLite and a 3in1+ to make your own dumps, I think. Though I've only done this on my AK2i with GBA games/roms for perfect compatibility, I'm pretty sure similar tools were produced for NDS games. Have a look around FileTrip's NDS Utilities homebrews, I assume that's where you found the different versions of SavSend and other SAV backup tools.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.