Loading pre created saves/ help with new akaio

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Crashp, Jan 13, 2011.

Jan 13, 2011
  1. Crashp
    OP

Newcomer Crashp Newbie

United States
    I recently upgraded to akaio 1.8.5, but it now the system won't recognize my games I had in progress. Is it possible for me to still use them? It not, is there a way I can load a save file like those found on gamefaqs.com?

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

2. twiztidsinz

Member twiztidsinz Taiju Yamada Fan

United States
    There's an option to change the save format that the games use.
    You probably changed it or used an older AKAIO version that had the old .NDS.SAV extension.

3. Masked Ranger

Member Masked Ranger GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Antarctica
    We need a little bit more info. If you're going from a previous version of AKAIO, you might have set your previous game saves to save as *.nds.sav files. That was the default since 1.4 (I think) and it's the default for the official firmware from AceKard. The current extension is *.sav and there are a few batch converters in Filetemp. You can also change the game saves on a case by case basis. You just need to have AKAIO display all files (I'm not sure you can see *.nds.sav files with the .sav option) and then view the file's properties if I recall correctly. There could be an option there.

If you're using another card or a PC emulator, there are other steps.

Gamefaqs has a faq that mentions they only accept save files in Gameshark or Action Replay format to help cut down piracy, but there is an online converter that will change them to RAW format. Google "shunyweb" for the site.

4. Crashp
    OP

Newcomer Crashp Newbie

United States
    I think I was using a version older than 1.4. Its been forever since I updated. So you're saying i should change the save type TO .nds.sav?

And yes, I am using the Acekard 2.1.