Loading DS backups?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by HELPMEPLEASEOMG, Sep 4, 2014.

1. HELPMEPLEASEOMG
    OP

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Do you guys think it'll be possible to load DS backups once Smealum releases his homebrew? 3DS already has a built-in DS emulator anyways, so I don't see why it wouldn't work.

2. Kaphotics

Kaphotics badc0ded

Sep 10, 2010
    United States
    no

3. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    You already can, look into working ds rom carts (my suggestion is the DsTwo if you care to go down that path).

As far as if the loader will allow access to the ds hardware that's built into the system....no one (outside of maybe smealum himself and whoever, if anyone, he's trusted to test his loader) knows.

4. SickPuppy

SickPuppy New Member

Jul 29, 2009
    United States
    The 3DS doesn't emulate DS games.

5. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Gateway seems confident they can make dsiware work, so maybe. A very small maybe.

6. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Just a quick heads up there should be other threads about Smealums work, try to keep the questions to those threads don't make new ones.

The 3ds does not emulate the ds it is simply backwards compatible with the 3ds because it has some of its hardware in it. Not sure if it will allow actual ds loaders to work, it could but AFAIK it can't run 3ds backups.

7. Snailface

Snailface My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing

Sep 20, 2010
    Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
    Every single one of them is locked. Any future ones will get locked. Its a censored subject.
    *sorry for off topic*

8. BlackWizzard17

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Oh I thought there was just one general thread or so (hopefully there will be one soon), I guess this one is no luckier than the rest of them.

9. loco365

loco365 GBAtemp Guru

Sep 1, 2010
    If you think about it, if they can get it working, they may also be able to figure out how to make it so the hack doesn't have to be reinstalled when a DS game is run. Then, the progress of this hack will have surely increased, as they can keep this change permanent.

10. HELPMEPLEASEOMG
    OP

HELPMEPLEASEOMG Member

Newcomer
    Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Just how reliable is the SuperCard DSTwo?

11. dubbz82

dubbz82 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 2, 2014
    United States
    Very. Cost is a little bit higher than some other cards, however it has a massive amount of features that other cards just plain don't have, and I haven't ever really heard of anyone receiving a bad card either.