loading custom chanels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spastro, Sep 21, 2008.

Sep 21, 2008

loading custom chanels by spastro at 6:33 AM (650 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. spastro
    OP

Newcomer spastro Advanced Member

Australia
    afternoon all.

I just got my wii chipped with a wiikey, and have been looking around the forums with what i can actually do with it besides backups.

I have been interested in some of the custom channel’s like that wii disc back up Channel that sends the file via wifi to your computer.
    Is there a tutorial or a sticky somewhere with all the details for using the wiikey and what i can do with it from wad files to loading channels on to the wii. With step by step instructions on how to do it in simple turns for a wiikey noob like me.

Im a little nervous with loading channels as i have read posts of people bricking the wii, duplicate channels, un removable channels and other issues.

I am wanting to get my head around the entire process and the wiikey before i start to play with it. But i dont want to go trolling this forums for hundreds of different pages for answers.

Thanks in advance

2. felix123

Member felix123 GBAtemp Regular

New Zealand
    You don't need a modchip at all to installing custom channels.
    They will work perfectly fine on an unmodded Wii.

3. spastro
    OP

Newcomer spastro Advanced Member

Australia
    yeah i know but you needed to do the zelda hack and load the hombrew chaneel or somthign like that.

I was looking into it. i just thought it was easier with the chip and it did more then just home brew.

anyway back on track.

Tutorials / guides / wikis for channels anyware?