loading custom chanels

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by spastro, Sep 21, 2008.

1. spastro
    OP

spastro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2006
    afternoon all.

I just got my wii chipped with a wiikey, and have been looking around the forums with what i can actually do with it besides backups.

I have been interested in some of the custom channel’s like that wii disc back up Channel that sends the file via wifi to your computer.
    Is there a tutorial or a sticky somewhere with all the details for using the wiikey and what i can do with it from wad files to loading channels on to the wii. With step by step instructions on how to do it in simple turns for a wiikey noob like me.

Im a little nervous with loading channels as i have read posts of people bricking the wii, duplicate channels, un removable channels and other issues.

I am wanting to get my head around the entire process and the wiikey before i start to play with it. But i dont want to go trolling this forums for hundreds of different pages for answers.

Thanks in advance

2. felix123

felix123 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 3, 2006
    New Zealand
    You don't need a modchip at all to installing custom channels.
    They will work perfectly fine on an unmodded Wii.

3. spastro
    OP

spastro Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 1, 2006
    yeah i know but you needed to do the zelda hack and load the hombrew chaneel or somthign like that.

I was looking into it. i just thought it was easier with the chip and it did more then just home brew.

anyway back on track.

Tutorials / guides / wikis for channels anyware?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice