TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. fst312

OP fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Will this work the same as a hard drive for the Wii U. I think the highest I can buy is 256gb. I have a 5tb hard drive but sadly the Wii U if I’m correct can only read up to 2tb and the Wii U can’t read partitions.
    I don’t really want to buy another hard drive for the Wii U and I’m hoping something small like this would work the same. At the moment my wiiu is only used for retroarch, just thinking about maybe downloading a few games and backings up all my games I bought years ago.
    https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruz...dpPl=1&dpID=31utQ2xdhBL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 ( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/

United States
    Wii U want it own partitioned HDD, 2TB should be the largest I believe, as for multiple partitions no, the Wii U won't recognize it.

3. fst312

OP fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Is there a compatibility list like the Wii for the Wii U like this. I’m not interested in downloading to many games or backing up most games I have. Just want something that works, I just want to avoid hooking up another hard drive for another system. Just want suggestions before I buy a usb stick.
    https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 ( -_・) ︻デ═一' * (/❛o❛)/

United States
    HDD would be a better option, so just get a HDD, you don't have to get a 2TB if you don't want to , like 500GB is fine if you just want to play some Wii U game, Wii Games can be injected on to the Wii U home menu, as for USB would probably get too hot, most HDD would want a Y cable, I only have a 500GB attached to mine, not sure if there is a compatible list of USB for Wii U.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Loading, backups, stick