Loading backups from usb stick

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by fst312, Oct 22, 2018.

1. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Will this work the same as a hard drive for the Wii U. I think the highest I can buy is 256gb. I have a 5tb hard drive but sadly the Wii U if I’m correct can only read up to 2tb and the Wii U can’t read partitions.
    I don’t really want to buy another hard drive for the Wii U and I’m hoping something small like this would work the same. At the moment my wiiu is only used for retroarch, just thinking about maybe downloading a few games and backings up all my games I bought years ago.
    https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruz...dpPl=1&dpID=31utQ2xdhBL&ref=plSrch&th=1&psc=1

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Wii U want it own partitioned HDD, 2TB should be the largest I believe, as for multiple partitions no, the Wii U won't recognize it.

3. fst312
    OP

fst312 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 4, 2008
    United States
    New York
    Is there a compatibility list like the Wii for the Wii U like this. I’m not interested in downloading to many games or backing up most games I have. Just want something that works, I just want to avoid hooking up another hard drive for another system. Just want suggestions before I buy a usb stick.
    https://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/USB_Devices_Compatibility_List

4. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    HDD would be a better option, so just get a HDD, you don't have to get a 2TB if you don't want to , like 500GB is fine if you just want to play some Wii U game, Wii Games can be injected on to the Wii U home menu, as for USB would probably get too hot, most HDD would want a Y cable, I only have a 500GB attached to mine, not sure if there is a compatible list of USB for Wii U.