Loadiine -> Saviine Injection

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Unessential, May 26, 2016.

1. Unessential
    OP

Unessential Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2007
    Canada
    I have a game (mario kart 8) which I have a save created with Loadiine and I want to inject back into a game with saviine so I can play online. However when I try to inject the saved games it doesn't seem to take.

Does the "u" folder in loadiine have to be renamed to "8000000x" in every circumstance? or is that a user ID which I have to find? if it is an ID, how do i find it?

I'm assuming the c folder needs to be renamed to "common"?

Does the savegame from loadiine need to be changed to work with saviine? (i know loadiine takes saviine saves, but does it work the other way around without changes?)

upon injection, I am also getting "Attempted to read past the end of the stream." Is this normal behaviour?

Last edited by Unessential, May 26, 2016
  2. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it's easier to first play the game on your console.
    Then use Saviine to "dump" (extract to SD) the existing save from your console, and you will get the folder's name and layout.
    Rename the "u" to the same 8000xxxxx name, and the "c" to "common".
    replace the dumped folders with the one you just renamed.

then use saviine's restore mode.

You don't need to edit the save file, just rename the folder and it will work.
    There's a version of saviine which has been released to work with games using only the "common" folder and no user's ID at all. I think only one game requires it so far. just be sure to use latest version.

I don't know about the error.

Unessential likes this.
  3. nWo

nWo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Hi, man. I wanted to ask you something about Saviine. I have Banjo Kazooie on Loadiine, but now with the injections on CFW on Wii U and all that, I have at last Banjo Kazooie on the system menu. The thing is, I intended to do the Saviine method, but couldn´t get it done. Is there a special way to trasnfer my save? Or is it impossible because it´s an injection? Thank you in advance I tried sending you a PM, but I couldn´t do it.

4. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Psycho!

May 6, 2006
    United States
    Read what cyan said. It's easiest this way. Play the game first to create a save. Any save. Then dump that save with saviine. It will show you the correct file name in the dump. Then just replace this with the files from your Loadiine save. Then move those folders to the inject folder and inject with saviine

5. nWo

nWo Member

Newcomer
    Oct 20, 2016
    Mexico
    Yes, as a matter of fact I have already done that with all my Loadiine saves as I have been installing the games on system menu directly, and they work perfectly. The problem now, is with this game in particular, the normal way doesn´t work. Banjo Kazooie, injected game.

6. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    what is not working? saviine give an error, or the savegame when launching the game?

other injected games are working fine with saviine?

is your game working fine and saving fine when played from the console without loadiine?

that game has always been an issue to emulate, or inject, even on other consoles.

You can try to use FTPiiU everywhere, but you'll need a firmware patcher (mocha, that's the easiest way as you can just launch it from homebrew launcher, and select sysNAND option, not redNAND, and return to HBL)
    then from here, you can launch "ftpiiu everywhere" homebrew, and browse to your game's savegame folder. see what's there, extract existing save from NAND to SD and compare the file format with the one from loadiine (just to check all the files are identical, etc.)
    then you can copy loadiine savegame to your NAND and see if it works.

nWo likes this.