TheMaxynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello everyone,

Today I tried using my 64GB Transcend Premium 300x MicroSDXC card to use in Loadiine, but it gives me the error that it can not be mounted or that the card is not found. Is there any fix for this? Searching this on Google gave me the answer to format my card to FAT32, but after I did that, it still gives me the error.

Anyone having this problem as well?
Thanks in advance for your help. :)

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone,

Today I tried using my 64GB Transcend Premium 300x MicroSDXC card to use in Loadiine, but it gives me the error that it can not be mounted or that the card is not found. Is there any fix for this? Searching this on Google gave me the answer to format my card to FAT32, but after I did that, it still gives me the error.

Pretty sure it's because it's over 32GB that cards that don't work.
Either that or because it's XC.

From what I've read anyways, unless those other people were misinformed themselves.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France

From what I've read anyways, unless those other people were misinformed themselves.

That is not true, as I am using a 64GB SD card with Loadiine and many people have tried SD cards up to 256 GB

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is not true, as I am using a 64GB SD card with Loadiine and many people have tried SD cards up to 256 GB
Huh, odd.
I thought that because of a ton of other people saying you couldn't. Guess they were wrong too...
Haven't tested myself since I'm a 5.4.0 pleb waiting for v3. :P

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suggest.

Use FAT32 and increase the cluster size to 32K or 64K. Also make sure the card is using MBR and not GPT.

While this is for the 3DS I bought a PNY 128GB MicroSDXC card to use with it. When I used the default cluster size setting in the windows formatter. I was running to a problem where Nintendo Programs would not remember settings. Like if I set a Theme. It would still be the default theme. Reformatted the card with a higher cluster size and all my problems went away.

So when I bought a PNY 256GB SDXC card to use with my Wii U in vWii mode I formatted it right away with a higher cluster size and had zero problems with it.

Reactions: TheMaxynator

Tesa

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello everyone,

The WiiU was tested with cards up to 200+ GB (I wouldn't recommend buying one of those) without any issues as long as they were formatted correctly to fat32. When setting up your card be sure to have the right folder structure for loadiine and check that you didn't accidentally engaged the writelock on your sd card adapter (the little pin on the side). The program @gamer4lif3 should work without issues, just be sure to run it as an administrator or you can't format your drive.

Reactions: TheMaxynator

TheMaxynator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I suggest.

Use FAT32 and increase the cluster size to 32K or 64K. Also make sure the card is using MBR and not GPT.

While this is for the 3DS I bought a PNY 128GB MicroSDXC card to use with it. When I used the default cluster size setting in the windows formatter. I was running to a problem where Nintendo Programs would not remember settings. Like if I set a Theme. It would still be the default theme. Reformatted the card with a higher cluster size and all my problems went away.

So when I bought a PNY 256GB SDXC card to use with my Wii U in vWii mode I formatted it right away with a higher cluster size and had zero problems with it.

The WiiU was tested with cards up to 200+ GB (I wouldn't recommend buying one of those) without any issues as long as they were formatted correctly to fat32. When setting up your card be sure to have the right folder structure for loadiine and check that you didn't accidentally engaged the writelock on your sd card adapter (the little pin on the side). The program @gamer4lif3 should work without issues, just be sure to run it as an administrator or you can't format your drive.
Thanks guys! I'll make sure to use that tool today, and turn the cluster size up 64K and if that doesn't work 32K as well. I'll post my progress here. Thank you helpful community so far :D

Xalyy

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania

Very wrong... Even the official loadiine thread says they work.
I have 128gb and no problem.

Hello everyone,

Just use U utility it formatted for me properly because it didnt worked for me too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: good morning everyone