Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
then you might have to rename "sound" to "japanese" if you have a japanese console/language to let the console find the files.
It's also possible that you need to make a copy instead of only renaming the folder. It depends how the game is developed and coded.

some games also need more edition than just renaming a folder, like editing a file's content or setting.
I think this game is a good way to learn how to fix game from other region as it seems to require more than just a rename.

Titania

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've a japanese wii u and I would like to hear english voices.
If i rename "sound" into "japanese" I hear english voices during gameplay but not in cutscenes, but just that, game makes no other sounds or music. Before changing this, I hear sound effects etc. but no voices, both in gameplay or cutscenes. What do you suggest now? Copy "sound" folder and rename it "japanese" while keeping both? But at that point cutscenes will still be muted I guess, I don't get why
p.s. looks like "Movies" is in a different folder, and they appear like "Boat-10.bk2" "H01-01.bk2" etc.

Last edited by Titania,

Drak0rex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed The Amazing Spider-Man 2 and it keeps freezing on the title screen when I try to start a game. I only have mii maker to load it with right now. Can anyone confirm if I have a bad dump, if compatibility changed between 0.2 and 0.3, or if loading with Sm4sh works better?

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I really need help fixing this error. No one here seemed to have responded, but after removing games from my SD card in an attempt to get it to work, the problem worsened. Now, it crashes after a few seconds after launching loadiine GX2.

Attached is the error that occurs when it crashes and forces me to hard reset the Wii U.

EDIT: Removing most of my games from the games folder seems to have fixed it. Is there a game limit? I had 100 games...

Attachments

• WP_20160723_20_27_41_Pro.jpg
    WP_20160723_20_27_41_Pro.jpg
    846.2 KB · Views: 204
Last edited by RoyMaster4,

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I really need help fixing this error. No one here seemed to have responded, but after removing games from my SD card in an attempt to get it to work, the problem worsened. Now, it crashes after a few seconds after launching loadiine GX2.

Attached is the error that occurs when it crashes and forces me to hard reset the Wii U.
First - I can't analyze the crash. I can only suggest ways to determine what's happening. It sounds like your SD file system is corrupt, but that's just a guess at this point.

Download a fresh copy of loadiine

Use another SD card to test. Even a small one.
Format it fresh. Add just loadiine from that download (and HBL if you're loading that way). No games.
If you don't have the problem there, you know it's something on your other card or the other card itself.
If you do have the problem, your WiiU could have issues with the SD slot.

Try FTPiiU with a few GB of files to make sure that your WiiU can read and write the SD card properly.

To figure out what's going on with the original SD:
Run a chkdsk on the SD. It could be a mess with all the powering off that you've had to do.
Rename your existing sd:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2 directory to loadiine_save
Copy the freshly downloaded loadiine to the card and test
IF that works, start renaming the game directories back a few at a time until you have trouble. Don't do the covers yet.
If you still have the crash, even with a fresh copy and no games (but you didn't on the other SD) you'll have to reformat the problematic SD (and you might have to fully reformat it)

If you get all the games back in, try moving in some covers (download them fresh if you can)

By doing things a little at a time, you can figure out where the problem is.

Critichart

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
El Salvador
Yes, there are quite a few homebrew apps that have been made, and are being worked on. You can get all the latest ones using this - https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-homebrew-app-store-for-wiiu.433275/

Your post is a prime example of why this forum needs the sections split up and for homebrew to finally have its own section.

Hii :) thanks for the answer, and sorry if i posted this in the wrong thread :( but yeah, io think t would be great to create another exclusively for homebrew stuff. Thanks again!! :D

RoyMaster4

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First - I can't analyze the crash. I can only suggest ways to determine what's happening. It sounds like your SD file system is corrupt, but that's just a guess at this point.

Download a fresh copy of loadiine

Run a chkdsk on the SD. It could be a mess with all the powering off that you've had to do.
Rename your existing sd:/wiiu/apps/loadiine_gx2 directory to loadiine_save
Copy the freshly downloaded loadiine to the card and test
IF that works, start renaming the game directories back a few at a time until you have trouble. Don't do the covers yet.
If you still have the crash, even with a fresh copy and no games (but you didn't on the other SD) you'll have to reformat the problematic SD (and you might have to fully reformat it)

If you get all the games back in, try moving in some covers (download them fresh if you can)

By doing things a little at a time, you can figure out where the problem is.
I've downloaded a fresh loadiine plenty of times.

I don't think the SD card itself is the problem... might be a single game that's corrupt. I tried removing all games except 2, and it worked fine. Added up to 15, and it crashed after leaving the options menu. It might be related to a single game? But I had 100 games before, with both crashing upon launching loadiine and upon leaving the options menu, so I'm not really sure what is going on. Might be worth just freshly downloading all of the games...

nexusmtz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Added up to 15, and it crashed after leaving the options menu. It might be related to a single game?...

Sure, it could be a single game, or icon (or a single cover, but you're not dealing with those yet), or maybe it's several. You can redo things from scratch and download everything again or step through it logically by creating sd:/hold and moving half the games there, and do binary tree testing. (If it works, move back half of the ones you just moved out. If it still doesn't work, move out half of the ones remaining. Repeat until you know where your problem is.)

The problem with starting from scratch is that you'll never know where the actual problem was, so you can't help people who run into the same issue down the road.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What do you suggest now?
I told you already : I suggest you enable the Loadiine server to see which file it tries to load and you'll see what files or folders you are missing.
That's possible only for games which have all the files not packed into a cpk or you'll see only the single cpk file loaded by loadiine.

ZeldaUCF31

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaded a few virtual console games onto my sd card which show up when I run loadline. When I click to start them it stays a black blank screen. I named the folders on my sd card with a 6 digit code at the end like my wii u games (which have all worked for me). Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist