• Views 2,479,603
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another silly question. how do I get back from a game I launched via the loadiine launcher to the loadiine launcher? is there anyway on a wiiu to exit a game other than hitting home then pressing close? doing that takes me back to the main menu, and from there I have to re-do the exploit all over again to move to the next game. that can't be the right way to do it can it?

as the above poster says... when I try to go into the miimaker application all that launches is miimaker asking me to edit my mii.

is this because I have no nintendoID? I've only been running the gx2 launcher not HBL. HBL doesn't seem to work as often as gx2. That said the only reason gx2 fails half the time is probably because I screw up a step (like forgetting to reboot or clear the browser data).

Last edited by namad,

GorillaGD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I were to make a request for a hack that would add features to a game (Xenoblade X) that will probably take a good while to accomplish, where would I make it?

ihateu3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After pressing the home button click on close the application it will take you to the WiiU menu and from there click on the Miimaker icon instead of clicking the Internet browser. It will take you to the GX2 Menu. From there click the home button again and it will take you to the HBL Menu. That's what I do to prevent what happened to you.
Thanks, exactly what I needed, will try.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Quick question... Does this turn off the display, including input, or does it just turn off the backlight? I thought I had read somewhere that even though the display was off, touch input was still being detected/accepted.
It only shutdowns the display.
The button and touchscreen are still working.

how do I get back from a game I launched via the loadiine launcher to the loadiine launcher? is there anyway on a wiiu to exit a game other than hitting home then pressing close? doing that takes me back to the main menu, and from there I have to re-do the exploit all over again to move to the next game
Once you are back to system menu, run MiiMaker to launch Loadiine.
You don't need to re-patch the kernel and re-install loadiine inside MiiMaker, as it's already installed inside it !
just run miiMaker (which is now loadiine, since you replaced it).

- to relaunch loadiine launch miimaker.
- to relaunch Homebrew launcher (without loadiine) launch miimaker.
- to relaunch Homebrew launcher (after installing loadiine) launch miimaker to launch loadiine and exit loadiine with Home button to exit to HBL.

I added it to the FAQ.

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
something is letting me launch miimaker, as miimaker, I'm not sure what I've messed up to make this happen though. what things can allow miimaker to reset? I've circled the icon that I think is the miimaker icon, is this not the miimaker icon?

Attachments

• isthismiimaker.jpg
    isthismiimaker.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 356
Last edited by namad,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, that's miimaker.
Did you install loadiine, played a game, exit and launch miimaker ?
or just reboot the console and launch it? or went to settings?
you need to repatch the kernel from the browser exploit after a reboot or after going into the WiiU Settings.

The exploit is temporary and stay in memory until you reset the console (exiting the settings just reset the console).

Reactions: KiiWii

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, that's miimaker.
Did you install loadiine, played a game, exit and launch miimaker ?
or just reboot the console and launch it? or went to settings?
you need to repatch the kernel from the browser exploit after a reboot or after going into the WiiU Settings.

The exploit is temporary and stay in memory until you reset the console (exiting the settings just reset the console).

I didn't reboot or launch the settings... but I did play my pre-installed bundle game mariokart8 I guess I should go redo it without that added middle step.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
exiting an installed game shouldn't reset the console or remove the loadiine install.
If you try again and find the cause of loadiine being removed, let us know. (try launching another disc or installed game, etc.)

Are you using HBL or DirectSD boot method?

z0mb3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
The posted improved kexploit files by @dimok
are using the wrong address for OSDynLoad_Acquire on FW 5.0.0
(libwiiu not up2date ;))

I've patched the HBL payload to use the correct one.
Check the attachment.

Attachments

• kexploit_hbl_500.zip
    30.7 KB · Views: 198
Last edited by z0mb3,

namad

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I ran the kernal exploit. then I ran the homebrewlauncher. then I loaded loadiine gx2. then I played a game. Then I hit home then close software. Then I opened miimaker and it worked and took me back to loadiine.

when it DIDNT work what I'd done was run the kernal exploit then run loadiine gx2 (skipping the homebrew launcher) this took me directly into loadiine but ended up not letting me back in later when I tried to go to miimaker... lesson learned though! just use homebrew launcher and things work great!

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't hold your breath anytime soon
Yeah, i´m with you, that´s why I´m looking for a Wii U 5.3.2 or 5.4.0, perhaps everybody try to sell their 5.5.1 and buy one of the other I mencioned, becasue the way I see it, this it is going to be a long time, perhaps next year, or over, or who knows, perhaps never never, seriosly, the best way its just to buy a 5.3.2 or 5.4.0 end of this drama.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!