• Views 2,481,602
  • Replies 6,197
  • Likes 132

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Dunno whether it's been asked already but how should I handle the ID in the folder names for VC games?
Let's take this for example:
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/JADD
I'd name the folder
SD:\wiiu\games\The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past [JADD]\

Or is
SD:\wiiu\games\The Legend of Zelda A Link to the Past [JADD01]\
better?

aracom

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think it even requires you to put the company code into the folder name, but I could be wrong with that.

Oh, well, Maschell was faster.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
it should be JADD01
Okay so I add "01" to all 4 digit IDs?
Can't imagine the artwork download routine would still find the game at gametdb.com then.
Anyway, thanks!
AFAIK you use literally ANYTHING. Its just used to load the right cover image.
Like Maschell says, you can use ANY combination of letters and numbers possible for the Title ID.

However, if you are nitpicky like I am and want to put the correct ID in there, then you should look for the game at GameFAQs, expand the "HOME" menu and you should see "Release Data"
This is the one for A Link to the Past:
http://www.gamefaqs.com/snes/588436-the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-to-the-past/data

As you can see the VC Wii one has a different title ID from the original SNES ROM.
JADE is the ID for the USA release in the Wii's VC, while the SNES one has SNSP.
Then you simply add a 01 at the end of the four characters, 01 seems to be the one for Nintendo games, so that's a standard for all title IDs.

I think this should be added to the OP so that people know how to get the correct title IDs for injected VC games and such.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like Maschell says, you can use ANY combination of letters and numbers possible for the Title ID.
If you want to be nitpicky like I am and put the correct ID in there, then you should look for the game at GameFAQs, expand the "HOME" menu and you should see "Release Data"

As you can see the VC Wii one has a different title ID from the original SNES ROM.
JADE is the ID for the USA release in the Wii's VC, while the SNES one has SNSP.
Then you simply add a 01 at the end of the four characters, 01 seems to be the one for Nintendo games, so that's a standard for all title IDs.

I think this should be added to the OP so that people know how to get the correct title IDs for injected VC games and such.
That helped a lot. Thanks.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

However, if you are nitpicky like I am and want to put the correct ID in there, then you should look for the game at GameFAQs, expand the "HOME" menu and you should see "Release Data"

Then you simply add a 01 at the end of the four characters, 01 seems to be a standard for all Nintendo games, so that should be in every title IDs.
@Cyan can we add this info to the OP so that people knows how to add/get the proper title IDs to injected Virtual Console titles?

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only thing I still don't get or maybe misunderstood:
Loadiine GX looks for what I put into [] in the game's folder name on SD card in order to get the cover from gametdb.com but SNES games (and many other old games) are listed there just with their 4 digits long IDs.
So adding 01 to it would result in Loadiine GX not finding any matches.

I would test it but my Wii U still hasn't arrived unfortunately.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Only thing I still don't get or maybe misunderstood:
Loadiine GX looks for what I put into [] in the game's folder name on SD card in order to get the cover from gametdb.com but SNES games (and many other old games) are listed there just with their 4 digits long IDs.
So adding 01 to it would result in Loadiine GX not finding any matches.

I would test it but my Wii U still hasn't arrived unfortunately.
That's the only downside, you'll have to download them manually.
http://www.gametdb.com/Wii/JADE

You'll have to get them with the title ID and put them in the SD manually.
This coul dbe solved if Loadiine somehow only checks the first four characters instead of adding the 01 at the end to autodownload everything.

-----------------------------------

On a side note, has anyone tried to see if EUR saves can be used for USA dumps for Wii U games?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Cyan can we add this info to the OP so that people knows how to add/get the proper title IDs to injected Virtual Console titles?
I think users should add or edit the entry into gametdb if not correct or missing.
It will also help when loadiine will download covers as it will check on gametdb, and having the proper ID (from gameFAQ) without the data on gametdb is useless.

There's the Wii's VC (JADx) but not the WiiU's VC (SNSx ?)

This coul dbe solved if Loadiine somehow only checks the first four characters instead of adding the 01 at the end to autodownload everything.
Yes, that would be great if a developer could allow ID4 too.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
I think users should add or edit the entry into gametdb if not correct or missing.
There's the Wii's VC (JADx) but not the WiiU's VC (SNSx ?)

Yes, that would be great if a developer could allow ID4 too.
does anyone know the ID tag for the legend of zelda spirit tracks on nds. i cant find it anywhere in the database
thank you....

Aeturnus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So would it be feasible to have it consider games labeled with an id4 be considered VC and search a different database/category for matching ones?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo