Loaders corrupting games during install

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Krestent, Jan 24, 2010.

Jan 24, 2010
  1. Krestent
    OP

Member Krestent What to post?

United States
    Hi, I'm running cIOS rev17 on a 4.0U Wii. Every time I try to dump a game to my HD from CFG USB Loader or USB Loader GX (both latest versions) the image corrupts. Some examples are: DK Barrel Blast gets stuck on the Loading Course screen, and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter games gets stuck after the Health and Safety screen. Is there a workaround or a more reliable loader?

2. Riicky

Member Riicky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    never had a dump problem using Wiiflow! try that

3. jackda

Newcomer jackda Newbie

United Kingdom
    i was having the same issues myself,what worked for me was i stopped using wbfs manager and usb loader gx,and started using wii game manager and wii flow instead.

4. BlackEnigma

Member BlackEnigma GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think I've been having the same issue. I've been through so much this past weekend. I have no choice but to do all my installing with WiiFlow right now. So many games to reinstall, I hope I don't kill my laser. This is the biggest workout my laser is going to get since I started using a loader. Since then the only discs it has seen more than once have been Rock Band 2 and Guitar Hero 5 for DLC.

I even tried installing Brawl for probably literally (somewhere between) 5th and 10th time. Just clicking on the game with USB Loader GX would cause a stack dump. It would crash WiiFlow as well. I had to uninstall it with WBFS Manager.

And now Subspace videos aren't working for me. Might need to learn to let some stuff go. Maybe I want everything too much for my own good. Everything doesn't have to be perfect all the time.

Bout to take it back to revision 815 and install again.

Edit: Hey I think I kind of like 815. Like a trip back to the good old days. Stuff seems to be working well and I am so less concerned that it was my drive acting up. Time to set up camp and camp on 815 til version 2.0 or so [​IMG]

And once again my simple colon and D smiley is transformed into a beaming yellow smiley with a santa hat.