Hacking Loader GX install help

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys, I've read a bunch of stuff about loader GX and couldn't figure out a few things. Hope some of you can point me in the right direction. I've ran the program through homebrew and it's working.

From what I understand, Channel will not allow you to save the cover info while Forwarder will but need a SD card..but now I read you can put that info on the hard drive as well with FAT format. So is this still run as the forwarder? is there a guide to how to actually intsall this? Also, how would you install a FAT partition on the drive? It's formated as WBFT when I plugged it into Wii. So is there a way to format a small portion as FAT? I am assuming you need that format for those cover info etc.

If there's a step-by-step guide to do this.. I really appreciate if you guys can point me to it.

thanks

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
LOL, was that "readme" written by a chimp?

"too much of a pussy to edit them directly on the WBFS filesystem". -- Oh dear...
"click a game box to download stuff." -- Stuff?
"wifi shit" / "Just point to the screen and click on shit" / "Buttons & shit" / "for theme shit" -- Is it written by a child, or a faecophiliac/corpophiliac?
"patch country strings-- use this for Japanese games playing imports." -- Makes absolutely no sense.

Now that I've ended with the piss-taking here's some constructive criticism:

defualt should be default, spacific should be specific. I found a typo - do I get a cookie?

"Try to keep it

jsjar

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL, was that "readme" written by a chimp?
it may have been i'v not read it
can chimps write?

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've read through the readme file, but it doesn't really explain how to install the forwarder with FAT partition.

I tried to do it but end up with a code dump. Formatted my drive into 2 partition and set FAT one to active. Then tried to run loader through homebrew and SD card...it loads.. and ask to format the drive.. when it does...it list 4 partitions.. all with the same size...then it goes into code dump page when it says it's formatting.

I then tried to format the partition using WBFS manager on the PC...this worked... and when I run the program through homebrew it seems to recognize it, but when I try to run it through the forwarder, it code dumps again. I have put the boot.dol file into the harddrive FAT partition directory for apps/usbload_gx/

Please help...I don't really know why it's not working.

Thanks

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote the readmii in its entirety. I also wrote a good portion of the program that it is about. So if you don't like the way the readmii is written, you better stay away from the program too. They both have the same kinds of errors. I have even called some of my variables boobs and fart. And variable array Bob is responsible for controlling the gamewall and carousel. If this is too childish, you better use another program. I did both free of charge. If you would like me to sit down and make them perfect, ill give you a paypal account you can reimburse me for my time through.

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
giantpune said:
you better stay away from the program too.
Oh yes, I definitely will stay away.

QUOTE said:
you better use another program.
Again, I certainly will be using another app.

If you would like me to sit down and make them perfect, ill give you a paypal account you can reimburse me for my time through.
Nah it's OK, there are already other freeware apps that are perfect enough. Thanks for the offer though.

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
cyrex said:
WRONG! there is no such thing as perfection.
You've obviously never stood behind me as I look in the mirror - I ooze perfection... ;>

Seriously, I never said there was a perfect prog - I said perfect ENOUGH.

[edit because even I am not perfect enough, typos ftl.]

cyrex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I don't wanna get to deep into philosophy here but then it should be "good enough" because perfection doesn't exist and so nothing could be "perfect enough"
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think perfect and enough go together like that. Perfect isn't like drunk or wet. There aren't degrees of perfection. It's like on, dead, and virgin. Something either is or isn't perfect. But who am I to be giving out grammar lessons? You've seen my work.
dry.gif

dexter222

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
testic-cancer said:
cyrex said:
WRONG! there is no such thing as perfection.
You've obviously never stood behind me as I look in the mirror - I ooze perfection... ;>

Seriously, I never said there was a perfect prog - I said perfect ENOUGH.

[edit because even I am not perfect enough, typos ftl.]

Perfect enough? LOL That's like being a little bit pregnant
smile.gif

Perfection is a boolean variable.

And giantpune stay as childish as you want but Bob needs to grow up! He can only hold 320 covers
biggrin.gif

newr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i have the most recent forwarder...still wouldn't work. am i doing it the FAT32 correctly? Do I need to put other files into that partition other than the boot.dol? And will the forwarder automatically look for it on the FAT partitiion if I leave the SD card out?

testic-cancer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
dexter222 said:
Perfect enough? LOL That's like being a little bit pregnant :)
Like the first trimester, when you are a "little pregnant" and far more likely to miscarry? I suppose perfect enough is JUST like that then. ;p

Even though this is just a forum and not some dox I will rephrase though, "there are other programs that, for my needs, are closer to perfection". happy? ;>

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slower speeds for gen4
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hp24nDVKvY