Hacking Question Load custom kip with SX OS?

GraFfiX420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is there a way to load custom kips with sx yet? Would like to update to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, using the custom kip to keep my cart slot from burning, but I'm not sure there's a way to do this with SX OS?

agas1957

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, is there a way to load custom kips with sx yet? Would like to update to 5.1.0 without burning fuses, using the custom kip to keep my cart slot from burning, but I'm not sure there's a way to do this with SX OS?

Sorry for switching the topic...
Do we care about game cards under 4.0.0 anyway?
Let's say in a year time half of game cards will require 5.x minimum.
And let's say Homebrew cold boot is only available on 3.x.
I am afraid we will have to choose either one or another one.
Just trying to figure it out why I want 3.0 with functional game card slot in a 6-12 months time.

GraFfiX420

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for switching the topic...
Do we care about game cards under 4.0.0 anyway?
Let's say in a year time half of game cards will require 5.x minimum.
And let's say Homebrew cold boot is only available on 3.x.
I am afraid we will have to choose either one or another one.
Just trying to figure it out why I want 3.0 with functional game card slot in a 6-12 months time.

Can't really be sure at this point, but I'm entirely sure, after waiting a year plus to even use my switch to avoid burning fuses, that I don't want to burn any unnecessarily.

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Any update on this?
Or is the only way for custom kips to go
Hekate (with sysmodules) -> SX Payload -> SX Boot dat
??
Kind regards

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Any update on this?
Or is the only way for custom kips to go
Hekate (with sysmodules) -> SX Payload -> SX Boot dat
??
Kind regards
Only Hekate and ReiNX support customization of their bootloader. TX does not and may never support customization of their bootloader. This is one of the shortfalls of using closed-source tools since you have no idea what it is loading nor can you modify if it in anyway.

Reactions: tomi1578 and Sno0t

cattivik66

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyway, is these a way to check the firmware version of the game card slot? Perhaps the latest versions of sx os does not update or.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, is these a way to check the firmware version of the game card slot? Perhaps the latest versions of sx os does not update or.
Currently, there is not. The only way to check is by inserting a game cartridge on a firmware below 4.0; if the gc slot is updated, the game won't load. Not sure how .XCI loading is affected by an updated gc slot but its possible it won't work either.

Sno0t

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think with the latest Hekate (4.0.2) which is able to Start the NX payload successfully, it should be possible with a correct ipl config.
Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
Unfortunately I was not able to find a list of all available and different modules.
I am not that fit with Hekate configurstion, but I would like to try the sys-netcheat module if any one can fogure it out ;)
Kind regards

Polazriz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anguilla

I think with the latest Hekate (4.0.2) which is able to Start the NX payload successfully, it should be possible with a correct ipl config.
Please correct me if I am wrong on this.
Unfortunately I was not able to find a list of all available and different modules.
I am not that fit with Hekate configurstion, but I would like to try the sys-netcheat module if any one can fogure it out ;)
Kind regards

Anyone able to load kip with sxos yet?

Bumping this

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: