Live Action Bleach Movie Announced

gokujr1000

OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
VIZ Media, the largest distributor and licensor of anime and manga in the North America, announced today that Warner Bros. Pictures has acquired the live-action feature film rights to the hit manga and anime property BLEACH. The announcement comes after another successful year for BLEACH in print, digital publishing, cable television, streaming video, consumer products and video-on-demand.

"BLEACH has built a huge international following in its manga and anime formats, and we're excited that Warner Bros. shares our belief that BLEACH can also become a fantastic live-action film," said Jason Hoffs of VIZ Productions, VIZ Media's Hollywood-based production company. "BLEACH is an exciting opportunity to mix Japanese and Hollywood storytelling to create something new for the big screen, and we're thrilled for the opportunity to further expose its unique characters and story to film audiences everywhere."

Peter Segal(GET SMART, THE LONGEST YARD) of Callahan Filmworks is producing with an eye toward directing. The film's creative team also includes screenwriter Dan Mazeau, who recently penned Warner Bros.' upcoming sequel to CLASH OF THE TITANS. Callahan Filmworks partner Michael Ewing and Masi Oka (best known for his roles on NBC's HEROES and CBS's HAWAII FIVE-0) will produce. From VIZ Productions, Hoffs will serve as Producer, and Branon Coluccio will be Executive Producer. Screenplay development will commence in 2012.

http://au.movies.ign.../1219311p1.html

The only thing I could think/say about this when I read it was "Oh, God please don't make this Dragon Ball Evolution 2..."

Reactions: 3 people

smile72

NewsBot
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, this is gonna be worse than awful. Bleach and cinema fans can only pray that it goes way over budget and get scrapped.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see a twisted kind of appeal in that kind of movies - they're delightfuly bad.

That said, I had to turn DB:Evolution off the moment that flying Jeep entered the scene. Too much, lol... XP

Mindzpeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Let Japan do anime live actions, DB and Speed Racer adaptations sucked. America, now that Bleach is almost finishing and the anime as well on March 27th Let it rest in peace T__T!!

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
how they gon' do Ulquiorra live? lol, that is if they even get to Hueco Mundo.

also, manga/anime storyline is pretty much spaghetti code, they might as well change the entire story in the live action film.

also, they gon' name Ichigo as Lavender Strawberry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I thought I saw a puttie snatch...