baggieman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hi guys,
just a little advice on flashing a 360 liteon drive please,
what tools do i need...? i have the VIA VT6421A SATA PCI CARD,sata cable,pc,360 ;)
im running windows 7,32 bit.
what i am trying to decide is is it worth doing myself or paying to get it done(£30 someone i now) as
i have 3 x 360's so works out kinda expensive!!
i have good pc now how
thanks guys for any help in advance :P

dashboard 2.0.14719.0

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I assume you know about XDG3 wanting a iHas drive.

If you already have keys I would not pay to have it done- you appear to have all you need there although if you can scrounge up a drive powering tool I would do so (if not you will have to power from a 360 which is a bit fiddly or build one ( http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=668247 has the pinout). Grab a copy of the tutorial http://jungleflasher.net/downloads.html and have a quick snout around it and if you want something expanded upon just ask.

Windows 7 is fairly doable nowadays for flashing a 360 drive but I still like XP for it (never tried it under liveCD conditions mind). Not sure where dosflash is at these days either.

If you do not have keys it changes things a bit as you will need to extract them. This varies with model and dashboard but if you are on one that new it means pogo ma thoin and you also have the option of going the RGH route (a chip that allows for nice things like region free, USB and onboard hard drive loading, homebrew, XBLA and DLC and much more at the cost of xbox live where the DVD hack only allows DVD copies compatible with your region although region locking it not usually that bad plus whatever you can get on there via other methods (mainly stuff like borderlands double pack DLC, fallout GOTY DLC and such) and although we say anything you get is a bonus you get to keep xbox live).

baggieman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
a big thanks for your time FAST6191
i do not have drive keys :( also i hear u need a probe kit...?
BTW a couple of them links have been removed on the jungleflasher site (megaupload ones i think)
also does the drive have to be completly removed or can you just take one half off the casing off??
sorry for all the qeustions buddy-thanks buddy.

would this be all i need along with the chipset that i already have?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/300673110981?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The tutorial is still there and that covers everything.

If you are on that dash you are past the DVD upgrade MS did last year (first time ever) which blocked the older software and probe hacks meaning you get to the the MRA/pin lift hack (not really worth the effort when the others exist), PMT (pogo ma thoin) which you can build with the results of a trip to maplins or buy a similar probe kit. I am not sure what that ebay link is- it could be a PMT or it could be part of a kit for MRA or even the original probe and the description is not very helpful and by the looks of things does not come with drive powering gear.

You should be able to do it just by taking the bottom plate off.

Oh and I forgot to mention it first time around but make sure the 360 case is connected to the PC case (anything solid that can conduct will do the job) if you are going to use a 360 to power the drive when flashing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol