1. Mii828

OP Mii828 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    This is my first post here and while I see sources posted on the wiibrew wiki, my question is whether or not any financial credit is expected to go toward the creators of such content.

There is freeware on the android app market (quite a lot) with paid versions and while the wii is quite old, I'm sure if any amount of interest were generated, someone would appreciate financial donations.

If and when anything ever got to that point, that's one thing I'm open to. My question is what is free (no licensing) to put on the wii, not ROMs that copyright holders have had no history of prosecution. So nothing strictly speaking illegal (pursued or not). I believe it was ruled that you can alter the wii itself (homebrew). OR if anyone has any legal information about ROMs that have been given to the public on NES, SNES, 64, Genesis, GBA/GBC etc that would be appreciated also.

A lot of these free games fall through the cracks in favor of popular content (that is technically not freeware) so it's potentially worthwhile to give it a fair shake.

2. Mii828

OP Mii828 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    It's been 2 months so I figure I'll bump this :)

Note: This is just about freeware for the wii (like content created and released for the homebrew channel)
    Most of the stuff I saw is two dimensional but is difficult to find something that's not a dead link as far as a comprehensive list. I presume compiling the files into a downloadable directory would be fine since there is no copyright and it was meant to be free.

Or if anyone knows any game tiles for any system that was specifically released to the public that'd be cool to know as well.

Ex: Content creators that haven't ever re-released their content and have allowed public access. There may not be any, but out of all the titles, it seems reasonable to expect at least a few.

Last edited by Mii828, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Pysis

Pysis Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Have you tried searching for it? With "wiibrew" I found this: wiihomebrew /homebrew-browser/
    which probably uses codemii /hbb/ as the repository.
    Also this site: wii brewology
    and this: wiibrew /wiki/List_of_homebrew_applications
    The people over at apps fortheusers also host some console appstores. I think they were interested in adding the Wii, but not sure how much they accomplished that, or if they were looking to partner with an existing wii appstore and link to that somehow.

Mii828 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - (freeware), wiibrew, source