Linux on PlayStation 4 FW 4.50 Beta

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by atomsk, Feb 28, 2017.

1. atomsk
    OP

atomsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2013
    Australia
    Hey All,

Don't know if you guys have heard but there is a guy by the name of racer0018 who claims to have a way of installing Linux on Playstation 4 beta firmware 4.50. Now I'm not sure how legit this is mainly because many people on the scene have had hit and misses from this guy in terms of downgrading and other services but it would be cool to see where this possible exploit leads to.

Check it out for more information:
    https://www.psxhax.com/threads/ps4-...sen-get-a-big-external-hdd-video-coming.1852/

2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    don't believe that site. I believe it's run by the same group as ps3news. ps3news was the site that had all the fake ps3 cfw on it.

3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Yeah i'm, sure people know, since is on wololo's site but again "Claim to run hax" and actually providing proof to run them are very different. :mellow:

4. DarkRioru

DarkRioru Dream Beeeeeaaaammmm!!!

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    is there a way I can run this on my ps4 at this moment in time being on the latest update or, no??

5. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    It was confirmed to be a fake anyway. So, the answer is as always: no.

DarkRioru likes this.
  6. DarkRioru

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    why do I see more fakes in the ps/xbox scenes than I do with the 3ds/wiiu scenes? why are people more honest with their releases on the nintendo side of homebrew than the other consoles?? it just doesn't make sense to build up a website (which costs money to keep it on the web) just to troll others with fake exploits??

CaptainSodaPop likes this.
  7. MeAndHax

MeAndHax GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2017
    United States
    this is actually pretty random

8. DarkRioru

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    random? how??

9. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    because playstations and xbox's have more hype for piracy and homebrew than nintendo products...piracy is a want for more on those consoles than nintendos

10. Dork

Dork Newbie

WOAH!!!

11. DarkRioru

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    but, nintendo, sony and, microsoft use homebrew for only community made apps and piracy... what's with the extra hype?? as nintendo becomes more like sony/microsoft in the next 5-10 years, we'll see the same kind of unnecessary hype for it... so why does it have this unnecessary hype?? it can't be just because of the brand name?? there has to be a reason why people want a jailbroken ps4 more than a jailbroken switch or n3ds??

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Well, not like I really follow PS360, but "we"'ve had our fair share of vaporware (in both good and bad faith) this generation - Hykem/SALT/bootroms are just the 3 most famous ones :>

DarkRioru likes this.
  13. DarkRioru

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    but, they weren't hyped enough for people to scam peoples info just for the chance to get the files of breaks that don't exist... I just don't know how or why homebrew is such a thing that is worth scamming people over.. I've seen a warning when installing bannerbomb saying that if you paid any currency for the hack that you were scammed and you should ask for your money back... I just don't understand why people would go sell modded profiles or scam people of their personal info through surveys just to scam people who just want a jailbroken console... I'm just at shock and mystique of why anyone would do this sort of thing when you can just regularly just release honest releases and honest jailbreaks without being part of that crowd of douches and dicks that just want to fuck up the scene or name it in vain...

14. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    Welcome to money whores. These type of people earn $$ [or adrevenue *cough*PSHAX*cough*] by fooling people into 'real jailbreak they developed but it's protected from copyright so you need to fill this survey out' bait. PS4 and XBONE are overall popular consoles and people just want to profit off typical Joe.

15. Eastonator12

Eastonator12 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 16, 2016
    United States
    more expensive games for pirating...people can't always shell out 60-80 bucks for a new game they want

16. atomsk
    OP

atomsk Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2013
    Australia
    Sorry for the misinformation. Turns out he is full of shit. Sorry again

17. DarkRioru

Aug 29, 2015
    United States
    looking up at the stars
    is there any other type of website besides gbatemp where I can get real ps4 hax info? like a twitter page? or something that isn't a complete waste of my time??

18. Felek666

Felek666 retarded memekid which no one likes

Jan 3, 2017
    Poland
    reddit.com/r/satania/
    wololo. So far it's they only post real information.

DarkRioru likes this.